Ugly Cake

Decorating By leepat Updated 13 Dec 2006 , 3:00pm by Connie1960

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 4

I have a bride that has picked a beautiful cake out of Wilton's. The cake has 3 ribbons around each layer with real roses...all white. The problems is she wants the ribbon to be the matte silver ribbon. I truly think this cake will not look good with the silver ribbon. Personally I think it will be ugly. I want to call her again and suggest she stick with the white. Should I? Or should I just go ahead and do silver even though I don't think it will be the prettiest of cakes. What would you do?

3 replies
Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 4

You can make your suggestion but remember she is the bride and if that's what she likes than you have to please your customer. Also you could show her the difference in the colors against the color of the cake. Don't stress yourself. Good Luck

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 4

I recently did a cake wrapped with bright orange ribbon wrapped with a gold polka-dot ribbon overlay. Did I like it? Not particularly, but the bride loved it.
And I didn't tell her what I thought. I just did what she asked.
That's my advice.

Connie1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Connie1960 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 4

I would go with what the bride wants. The more stressed out they get, the crabbier they get IMO. Then you run the risk that she will tell someone you were hard to get along with. IMO it should be her choice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%