Gumpaste Recipe

Decorating By tana Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 8:40pm by tana

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone tried the recipe for Gumpaste posted here???I'm a beginner, so I'll like to know how it worked out....I'm also going to try making roses for the first time... Got any good advice for a beginner...As to what recipe to use and what kind of cutters to get....

7 replies
tana Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 8

anybody....................?

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 8

There are lots of posts about getting started with gum paste. One of the best recipes for gumpaste is a nicholaslodge.com there are also instructions.

In the cake decorating forum, pasted at the top, is a 'sticky' for a basic gumpaste kit. However, the Wilton starter kit is a good way to get a number of tools and it has a basic instruction book. Once you get the hang of it, you will likely want to start adding more expensive cutters and tools to you kit. Some metal flower cutter sets cost over $20.

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 8

sorry i use my can't say i have ...I hear the Nicholas Lodge recipe is great you can get it on his web site icon_lol.gif

As for the roses ...make sure you make heaps of the middles up the day before .......roll your paste really thin...i roll mine until I can see the lines on my cutting board through the paste.

As for cutters I have used the five petal cutter and the individual petal cutters...I much prefer the individual cutters....I bought mine in a set of 5, they have a straight edge and and a seratted edge so you can turn them over and use them to cut the leaves out!!

icon_biggrin.gif
HTH

tana Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 8

Thank You very much Torki and JoAnneB........

tana Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 8

JoAnneB,,,,,,,, I wen to nicholaslodge.com, but didnt see the recipe.......Can u give me the link???

cariage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cariage Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 8

I think this is the link youre looking for
http://www.nicholaslodge.com/gumpaste.htm

tana Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 8

Ooooooooo I see.... Thank you Cariage.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%