My Stupid Husband! Couldn't Believe What He Said.....

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 17 Dec 2006 , 6:17am by Janette

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 30

My dh's Christmas party is this friday, so Saturday I went shopping for a new outfit. It isn't super formal, but is at a restaurant that is about $30 per dinner average, so a nice palce. I HATE to go shopping for myself...it takes me 5-6 hours to buy ONE pair of jeans! I'm very picky! DH works for a pretty conservative company, and may be up for a promotion soon. His boss has told me that he doesn't want guys running his company whose wives look like hoochies! I went on Saturday, and it took me FOREVER to pick out an outfit. Finally ended up at Target and got a pair of black fitted dress pants, and a very pretty wine colored silky cap sleeve top that has small ruffles around the buttons, and had no collar and no buttons the first few down from the top. I'm almost 30, and thought this was a good choice...not too old, but not teenager either. They had a black velvet jacket that I wanted, but only had large and it was too big. I got home, and tried on the outfit for dh, and he looks at me and smiles a very fake smile and said that he liked it. I knew he was lying. I told him to tell me the truth and he says......."Well, you look like a very conservative, stick in the mud teacher, but not Connor's teacher (our youngest son) because she dresses hot"!!!!! I threw my heel at him! He could have been nicer! I made him find a sitter for the boys and go shopping with me yesterday! I also told him that after Christmas, his high maintenance wife is back! I was pretty high maintenance before we had kids, but really, we can't afford for me to be anymore since we have two kids now. Well, I don't care if he has ti get a second job.....SHE'S BACK STUPID! Thanks for letting me vent!

29 replies
4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 30

I so understand! I am almost 30 as well and finding clothes that don't make me look like a grandma or a teeny-bopper is almost impossible. My husband always says that I should dress my age, but when he buys me something, it's something my own mother wouldn't wear! Men, I swear, just don't get it!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 30

Oh I feel your pain.. I'm 34 and havent bought myself an outfit in forever.. I have a pair of boots i wear at weddings, anniversaries, quinceneras and even funerals.. Yup! every occasion.. SO i thought this year I would splurg and buy something new for Christmas.. MAN! I cant find anything, to fit my age so to speak.. So I went to Catos.. they have fashionable clothes and shoes.. Everything they had displayed was layered.. A tank top on the bottom, another on top of that and a button down shirt on top of that and then a jacket on top of that. with cute pants (one pair only!!! HA HA) and a pair of boots that go over the pant leg.. I thought, CRAP! first of all, with Texas weather.. If i were to buy those boots and look all warm and cozy.. it will be 80 degrees here on Christmas.. Along with all those dang shirts!!!! I would burn up.. thinking about just buying a shirt that match my "ever so boring" boots!! LOL

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 30

Well this is a bit off subject, but still about clothes. Years ago when my two granddaugters were 9 and 12 I bought them what I thought were adorable denim overalls with pink cotton ruffles and quilted designs. They opened them Christmas morning, tried them on and they fit perfectly and they looked so cute. Two days later I get a call from my daughter asking if I would be hurt if she exchanged the 12 year olds? No, why, are they the wrong size? Well no, but Ashley says grandma wants her to look like Pippi Longstocking and she would rather look like Madonna! After I recovered from laughing I told her to exchange them.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 30

You tell him!!

How dare he say that about the teacher?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

You check back in with us after Christmas and tell us all about the new clothes, makeup, jewelry, and don't forget the shoes!!!, that you're buying!!!!

I hope you threw that heel as hard as you wanted to, because....you don't get chances like that very often. icon_wink.gif

jen1977 Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 30

I got him with the heel good icon_lol.gif He made sure to tell me several times that he doesn't think the teacher is hot, just that she dresses hot. She does dress trendy, and always looks nice, but he didn't have to say it the way he did, or even use her as an example. His teacher also has no kids, and wears about a size 2. She drives a nice Camaro, and I get the feeling that the money she makes is hers to spend. If I worked full time for spending money, I would dress a lot different than I do! I'm a jeans kind of girl, but I'm also a stay at home mom, and don't really see a need to spend big bucks on dressy clothes so that I cna wear them to the grocery! After Christmas, I'm replacing my wardrobe piece by piece, and he's going to wish he hadn't said it! I'm still ticked about it!

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 30

Piece by piece? Nuh uh, that won't hit him as hard. Make him go with you for HOURS, commenting on every outfit, finding the right size, paying the enormous bill! Shoes, makeup, manicure, hair appointment, the works.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 1:59am
post #8 of 30

hahaha! I think making him shop with you should teach him!

my hubby likes to flip thru the TV channels and add to his list of "Oooooh! I'd like to see her naked!" ladies. When I tell him he has no taste, he reminds me "I married you, didn't I?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 2:16am
post #9 of 30

Men can really put their foot in their mouth. icon_rolleyes.gif

Then for some reason they can't figure out why we get mad at them and have no idea what they said that offended.

Taking him shopping wouldn't be good revenge for my husband, he already buys most of my underclothing, that way I wear what he likes. icon_razz.gif He actually has good taste too. icon_eek.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 3:55am
post #10 of 30

ummm dont feel bad jenn....mine asked me just the other day..."why'd you stop dieting?....you were doing good" icon_confused.gif ......this was right after I said something about donuts!! icon_eek.gif

trust me...I wasnt nearly as friendly as you with just a shoe and "stupid"....he got a pucker of a word! but not the kitchen aid at him this time....I just didnt feed him for 3 days! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jen1977 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 12:22pm
post #11 of 30

You know, we've been married for almost 8 1/2 years, so you wouldn't think he'd still be stupid! He tried to tell me last night that he really doesn't think our son's teacher is hot, just that she dresses trendy. Yeah, whatever. He also said he's just used to seeing me dressed like a bum icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif He seems to be getting stupider, and must really want me to go shopping! He thinks that I'm kidding, but I'm really not! I used to dress really trendy til we had kids that we have to buy clothes for. He still doesn't understand why I'm upset and why I wouldn't buy a hoochie outfit! Stupid man!

Oh, Twinsy...he DOES know better than to say I was doing good dieting. I actually want to lose about 15-20 pounds, and dh doesn't want me to. He's not stupid enough YET to say anything about my weight!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 1:08pm
post #12 of 30

Well Jen..just because I love shopping & I love to contribute to anyone who goes shopping & because I think your husband deserves for you to buy new clothes ...here are a few stores that i like to shop at...

Old Navy ...Wet Seal...Express....Aeropostale ...American Eagle...

Just a few to help you get started icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 2:48pm
post #13 of 30

I think it's hard to dress in your 30s (and probably 40s). You aren't old, but you aren't young. You can find work clothes, no problem, but fun wear and night out wear is hard.

We had a party this weekend and I tried on FIVE outfits and settled (key word - settled) on the one simply because it wasn't too dressy or too dowdy. I realized how blah my wardrobe is. We can't afford for me to go on a shopping spree and I'm kind of yo-yoing with weight right now post baby, so I dont' want to invest, but still.

I'm not loving the low rise pants and sequins and buckles and such, but I'm not ready for sweaters with candy canes either!!!

Melissa

jen1977 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 5:39pm
post #14 of 30

Trying on five outfits before settling on one would be a very good shopping trip for me icon_lol.gif I LOVE my low rise jeans though. Not the really low rise that shows your crack, but low rise. They make your butt look smaller icon_lol.gif I won't put on a pair of normal pants. I don't have the money for a shopping spree, but I am going to replace my wardrobe quicker than my dh would like icon_lol.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 5:47pm
post #15 of 30

Well, you must be thinner than me as lowrise is not friendly choice to those with a bit of pudge! LOL

I think my main issue is the added weight (I'm significantly overweight) and I have breastfeeding breasts, so unless I really want them the center of attention, it's hard to camoflage them!

I was looking for sweaters the other day and I couldn't find a THING.

Melissa

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:12pm
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Oh, Twinsy...he DOES know better than to say I was doing good dieting. I actually want to lose about 15-20 pounds, and dh doesn't want me to. He's not stupid enough YET to say anything about my weight!

oh Im sorry...did I leave that part out...mine claims he doesnt want me to either...then made this remark!!! Ask ge....she's heard ALLLLLL about it!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

as for ge's love of shopping....if I ever mention I need an outfit for something or a toy for this....she has links for online shopping before I can type up help me!!! ...and she can find you GREAT deals too!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:47pm
post #17 of 30

berryblondeboys...i too know how frustrating it can be to shop when you still have the "breastfeeding breasts"....actually mine are still big...i went to bend over to get something out of the closet and fell.....my dh and me were laughing so hard...he said it was because my top is bigger than the rest of me and made me tip over icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
But anyway, sweaters are a challenge with bigger breasts,but not impossible.
Vnecks and scoopnecks help detract attention to that area...OldNavy has some really cute ones at a reasonable price....and actually they have a button down sweater pulllover that would be cute...just wear a good bra and a cute tank top underneath.
And as for the pants...the just below waist ones are great for the pudge...just get ones that are a little wider in the leg and are boot cut ...they help balance out the body.
Ok..sorry for the yapping, but my love of clothes has no bounds!!!!!!!

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 8:26pm
post #18 of 30

Oh thank goodness. I've been having the problem for a couple years now too. There's not a lot out there that's AFFORDABLE for late 20's thru 30s and who knows how much longer I'll have this problem!

Lots of cute stuff is too young, and when it's affordable/cheap, ill-fitting. Made for toothpicks (literally!) Other stuff that could be cute and still appropriate looks too old once it's on, and often borders on those awful old-style "mom jeans" (have you seen the SNL skit? LOL), and looks like wanna-be hip attempts.

So I end up with all plain clothes. Can't even find a few trendy shirts anymore. Jeans - forget it. Can't even find the same brand and style to fit consistently from one color to the next.

AND why is it that at the Gap a size 6 cannot physically stuff their thighs into a size 11 at Target?

But I refuse to pay more so in the mean time I'll keep crabbing about not finding any clothes!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 8:32pm
post #19 of 30

ok Ladies,
I have some advice on how to not get mad at you husbands. I don't get mad at mine. I get even. here are some examples..
He got red mud in my brand new champagne colored carpet about 2 weeks after we got married. I woke up 15 minutes before he did, put Wesson oil on the toilet seat went back to bed & waited to hear his bare bottom hit the floor. It did. I have put saran wrap over the toilet seat. Wesson oil in the shower floor. When we had 104 degree summer I made him tea. BLUE tea, put into a blue cup & pitcher. He made a comment when I was bleaching my hair one day. I put my hand, yes with bleach on his head, & forgot to tell him until he came home from work the next day with a pretty handprint bleached in his hair. I was cutting his hair when he was going for his two weeks in the National Gaurds. he told me to cut it the way his Mom liked it. icon_eek.gif I took the gaurds completly off the clippers. He had a bootcamp buzz cut. I have painted his toenails each toe a different color. Hid all of his shoes except flip flops. Called from work to have him bring me girl things from the store when I didn't need them. I could go on & on. He is learning after all these years. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

dl5crew Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 8:33pm
post #20 of 30

ok Ladies,
I have some advice on how to not get mad at you husbands. I don't get mad at mine. I get even. here are some examples..
He got red mud in my brand new champagne colored carpet about 2 weeks after we got married. I woke up 15 minutes before he did, put Wesson oil on the toilet seat went back to bed & waited to hear his bare bottom hit the floor. It did. I have put saran wrap over the toilet seat. Wesson oil in the shower floor. When we had 104 degree summer I made him tea. BLUE tea, put into a blue cup & pitcher. He made a comment when I was bleaching my hair one day. I put my hand, yes with bleach on his head, & forgot to tell him until he came home from work the next day with a pretty handprint bleached in his hair. I was cutting his hair when he was going for his two weeks in the National Gaurds. he told me to cut it the way his Mom liked it. icon_eek.gif I took the gaurds completly off the clippers. He had a bootcamp buzz cut. I have painted his toenails each toe a different color. Hid all of his shoes except flip flops. Called from work to have him bring me girl things from the store when I didn't need them. I could go on & on. He is learning after all these years. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

meghan89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghan89 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 4:34am
post #21 of 30

Ok, I have to say this! Ive been biting my tongue for awhile now, but this is becoming disturbing! If a man had been writing these posts some of this stuff would be considered abuse. But because we are women this is somehow empowering? Its sad to me that people are writing about things that could seriously hurt someone like its cute, its such a double standard.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 6:12am
post #22 of 30

Alright, BUSTED! I was laughing too hard at dl5crew, fiance comes in and reads over my shoulder no matter how hard I tried to stop him. He was laughing his head off!

meghan89, i do understand your point. however, this is done in good fun. my guy said that yes, it's a double standard, but men have their double standards as well, and he wouldn't blame any woman for doing this stuff. Of course, he's also the one who left handprints on me while painting the house, and who thinks nothing of carrying me around if I'm reluctant (ie, threatening to now if I don't get some SLEEP! icon_lol.gif ) Every relationship is different, and no one is trying to be mean on either side.

jen1977 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 12:41pm
post #23 of 30

Meghan...I'm not sure if your comment was aimed towards me, but I haven't said one thing here that I haven't already told my husband. He was the idiot who made the remark! I have a right to be upset! I'm sure there are boards somewhere that are mostly men, and I almost guearnatee you could find the same type of post!

dl5crew Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 12:56pm
post #24 of 30

meghan89:
If you're talking about my husband & I. I am not the only one who does this stuff.
He has put raw eggs in the toes of my work boot. My only pair. He put all of my undergarments in the freezer all night. This could go on.
This is how we keep our marriage going. Honestly, people think we are crazy. they are right. Lighten up. Abuse is many things. Not this. I have been in an abusive relationship, where I was flung down a hallway because I wouldn't sleep with my ex's brother to pay off HIS debt. My husband & I have fun. Did I mention the food fights we start & our three girls hide under the table.?

jen1977 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 1:20pm
post #25 of 30

I have to say too though, that normally my d his not this stupid! I'm not sure what got into him this weekend, but he kept burying himself deeper and deeper with his comments, and wondered why I was upset. Normally he is wonderful!

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 2:04pm
post #26 of 30

You young girls are just too funny....
If you want to have a difficult time finding clothes wait until you are 50+ and pudgy and short to boot. I was an elementary teacher for 26 years and had all the Christmas Tree sweaters Halloween vests and school appropriate clothes and then got divorced and tried to find some clothes like you have said that don't look dowdy or like you are trying to look young but dressy enough to go out in. I had never even owned clothes that showed cleavage and all of a sudden needed to look "sexy"? I had to figure out how much was too much. I was single for two years before I even wanted to look at another man. Since then I met a man who treats me right and we are very much in love and we were married in July. I also retired from my teaching so now have settled into jeans and t-shirts. If we go out, dressy jeans and a nice sweater or blouse (not the big baggy things I used to wear) Finding clothes is still a problem, but it doesn't seem to have the significance it used to. And all the themed articles and school clothes have gone to Good Will.

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 11:50pm
post #27 of 30

This is to funny me and my husband are alot like you dl5crew. He is always doing crazy stuff even when I am trying to be serious. And you should hear the things he says he is going to do to my daughter to embarras (SP) her when she gets older. He is such a goof and from time to time I go through the I need cloths stage and since I recently dropped 7 sizes I am still having trouble trying to get cloths that fit. He now tells me I need to gain weight and I just laugh. One time when I was prego he told me that he doesnt ever remember me skinny. I was p***ed off WHAT do you mean you dont remember me skinny I almost kicked his butt. It wasnt like I could loss weight I was 8 months prego.

crazydaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydaisy Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 12:32am
post #28 of 30

You guys have got to watch TLC...What Not To Wear. Stacy and Quinton are hysterical! I always have trouble putting things together. I have never been a clothes horse and have always worn whatever. After I had my two kids, I really went downhill. So, I got hooked on this show. They have young girls, middle aged girls, everybody. They basically get you to try things that you yourself never would. For instance, I always HATED boot cut jeans. Never, ever would even try on a pair. They had a show featuring a 40 year old woman who dressed like an old maid. Her build was similar to mine...made her try on boot cut jeans. Mid-rise because she wore "mommy jeans"...waistband above belly button and such. Anyway, I was so impressed with what they did for her...she looked absolutely fantastic by the time they were done. Needless to say, I marched my 39 year old butt out to the store, tried on a pair of mid-rise, boot cut jeans and I absolutely loved them. Bought two pairs...I have evolved into the world of fashion. Anyway, the days of wearing "mom" clothes are over. Just because we're married, with kids, doesn't mean we have to lose our identity...we were our own women before we got married, so go out and regain your spirit...and make them hold your purse while you shop! icon_lol.gif

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 4:45am
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

ok Ladies,

I didn't take this as abuse in any way at all. My hubby and I also enjoy playing tricks on each other. There's nothing wrong with good clean fun. We don't do mean, harmful things to each other. You just have to have a sense of humor and try not to take life too seriously. We have two teenagers and the youngest is going through a rebeilous stage right now. We have to have something to keep us from losing it completely!! LOL

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 6:17am
post #30 of 30

Girl's one of the beauty of getting older, your hearing starts to go.

Some day's it seems fine and there are days my hubby is talking to me and I just don't hear him icon_wink.gif It just seems to come and go at the most convient times.

What you don't hear, doesn't bother you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%