How To Package Cupcakes Singly?

Business By ANicole Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 3:34am by sgilmer

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 18

I looked online at one store, KitchenKraft or something, and they have really cute, fancy boxes with windows, but they're $3.50 for 3 of them! I need to figure out a better/cheaper way to package the cupcakes I'll be selling at the craft shows in November.

Any ideas???

Thanks once again!

Amber

17 replies
pieceofcake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake1 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 18

Check out your dollar store. I picked up colourful small dishes that are brightly coloured 3 for $1.00. They are perfect for cupcaked then wrap in cello with ribbon. Hope this helps.

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tilly41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tilly41 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 18

I purchased to these from this company love them: http://www.brpboxshop.com/bakery_boxes/cupcake_boxes.html

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 18

I think I hit send too fast before. The website tilly41 posted seems to be really good. A lot cheaper than buying one box at a time at AC Moore the way I have been doing icon_rolleyes.gif I think I am going to order boxes and inserts from them.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 18

You can also buy wider gussetted bags from places like ULINE and tie them with a ribbon.

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 18
vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 6:55pm
post #8 of 18

That same company does have individual cupcake boxes and the price seems pretty reasonable.

http://www.brpboxshop.com/index_all_bakery_boxes_with_images.html

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:39am
post #9 of 18

It depends on what they are for. I was going to use the box and insert from BRP (which I use for larger quantities 4, 6, 12, 24) but it ended being 45 cents or so a piece for packaging. When factoring in all of the other costs, I thought that was too high considering what I can sell them for. I decided to go for just the box. I've been looking for other options as well.

ANicole Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 4:02am
post #10 of 18

BRP is awesome. Thanks for the suggestion. However, it does seem like a lot, especially since I have no idea how many people will buy single cupcakes, and how many will want to take some home (at the craft show I'm doing). How did using the box ONLY work for ya?

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 9:55pm
post #11 of 18

I was also going to suggest using uline.com because they do have a clear box that is the PERFECT size to fit a cupcake in! I bought some black boxes last year but just haven't had the time to get them all done up yet. I may use them for a bridal show in January. If anything else, I know that's far cheaper than what you were already quoted!!

The other thing is I always get good service from them, an answer with a REAL person within the first ring or two, and I go to their warehouse to pick up my items and it's always clean and the staff are friendly and quick. Definite two chef knives up!

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 11:18pm
post #12 of 18

Here is a site with a lot of boxes.

http://www.papermart.com/index/index_food_box.htm

Here is a list of specific ones I thought would work nicely. I've never ordered from this site, so I really don't know the quality of the boxes, but they're cheap. They didn't have anything specifically for cupcakes.

http://www.papermart.com/templates/83-0-80.htm#GO_83082 - 3 x 3 would probably be a good size. This one has diferent heights, so depending on how high your cupcakes are, you can go based on that.

http://www.papermart.com/templates/83-0-45.htm - these may be too big, but I just like the flower top for some reason.

http://www.papermart.com/templates/83-1-10.htm

Not sure if you'll like these, but I hope this helps.

Also -- I was looking through the person's site that destini posted, and I was wondering if anyone knew what she used for cupcake cups. They look like what you put ketchup in at McDonalds, but I like it. Where do you get those? Here is an example.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/honeytar/381181162/in/photostream/

Thanks

ANicole Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #13 of 18

Thanks for the info, guys!

Shaina, did you try Gordons? Just a suggestion.. I'm not really sure where to find those actually.

punkin712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin712 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:34pm
post #14 of 18

I bought a 4-pack of cupcakes last weekend and they were packaged in a really cool box that I haven't been able to find in any of my internet or catalog searches. It's glossy white on the outside, kraft brown on the inside, dimensions are 7"x7"x4" and the locking "mechanism" in the front is two half-moon flaps. I've only seen boxes with either no locking flaps in the front or just a slit that the top flap tucks into. Any ideas where it may have come from?

I can't ask the people I bought the cupcakes from because it was for Cupcakes for a Cause and they were just doing it as a one-off thing until they get their bakery cafe open. I also don't want to ask them because I'm getting ready to open my own bakeshop the next town over and don't really want them to know too much, if you know what I mean... icon_cool.gif

sgilmer Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:14pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin712

I bought a 4-pack of cupcakes last weekend and they were packaged in a really cool box that I haven't been able to find in any of my internet or catalog searches. It's glossy white on the outside, kraft brown on the inside, dimensions are 7"x7"x4" and the locking "mechanism" in the front is two half-moon flaps. I've only seen boxes with either no locking flaps in the front or just a slit that the top flap tucks into. Any ideas where it may have come from?

I can't ask the people I bought the cupcakes from because it was for Cupcakes for a Cause and they were just doing it as a one-off thing until they get their bakery cafe open. I also don't want to ask them because I'm getting ready to open my own bakeshop the next town over and don't really want them to know too much, if you know what I mean... icon_cool.gif

I have no idea where these could have come from. They may not be for cupcakes but just happened to fit. If you know someone else who bought some from there, you could get them to ask where they came from and your secret will not be revealed. thumbs_up.gif

punkin712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin712 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:06pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Quote:

I have no idea where these could have come from. They may not be for cupcakes but just happened to fit. If you know someone else who bought some from there, you could get them to ask where they came from and your secret will not be revealed.

I'm pretty sure they were cake boxes, based on the material, but I've never seen that front locking system before. Unfortunately, since their shop isn't open for business yet (and won't be for at least 6 months) I don't even know how I would get in touch with the owners.

I guess I just have to find boxes that are even more interesting! icon_razz.gif

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 2:28am
post #17 of 18

Here's another link to plastic cupcake containers and it is not necessary to order a complete case
http://www.plasticcontainercity.com/Cupcake-Containers-Muffins.htm

sgilmer Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:34am
post #18 of 18

Ooh I like the single cupcake ones. It looks like it would be easier to get the cupcake out without getting icing all on your hand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%