Please Help!! Baby Jesus Cake Ideas!!

Decorating By dawnell Updated 11 Dec 2006 , 1:16am by Gallettita

dawnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnell Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 7

My sons preschool teacher asked me to make a baby jesus birthday cake for the class party! I'm so excited but having having of problems wrapping my head around a cake idea. This cake will show my work to alot people who have never seen my cakes and I really want to WOW them! Any ideas you have would be great! Thanks!!!

6 replies
bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 7

I forgot to mention to scroll down a little bit on the online site. Baby Jesus is #407 when you scroll down. Hope this gives you an idea. icon_smile.gif

tastycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycake Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 7

I did one once for our church. Just drew a manger (the little wooden cradle-type thing) from the side angle with some hay drawn in and the outline of a baby. Worked pretty well. I think it said, "welcom baby Jesus" or something like that. Good luck!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 7

i am also making one for my sons school chapel.. the school requested a TALL cake to celebrate the "BIGGEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!!!"

my plan is to do a stacked four tier (was going to do a concaved shape or a topsy turvey, but my test run in fondant tore too much with the shape.)

12,10,8,6 all 4" high, then a fifth cake on top, a 4" 3D crown (red "velvet with a white "fur" band, gold triangles coming out with gems decorating it), all covered in fondant. the four bottom cakes will be a whimsical design (4 and 5 year olds) different stripes on one, bubbles/dots on the next, then repeating stripes and then bubbles again. then topped by the crown cake. each tier will have edible pearls as the border, then wires cascading out with diamond beads or pearls on the ends. i think i may use a cake sparkler or make one large candle out of fondant, but place a real candle inside so the flame can pop up out of it, and be blown out after they sing happy birthday.

my point is to have a really tall, really amazing fun whimsical birthday cake (most kids think a birthday cake is a half sheet cake) that shows them that jesus' birthday is an amazing celebration. he is king!

Gallettita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gallettita Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 1:15am
post #6 of 7

Hello,
check this link there are some stencils maybe youcna have an idea about what you can do..,Good luck thumbs_up.gif

Gallettita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gallettita Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 1:16am
post #7 of 7

Sorry I dont know what happened that it went before I put the link

http://www.fashion-era.com/Christmas/christmas_crafts_stencils_designs.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%