Suggestions Please Multi Themed Cake

Decorating By heather2780 Updated 6 Oct 2007 , 10:58pm by kathys90

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 5

I'am makeing a cake for my nephew this comming weekend. we need to feed roughly 50 people. he is going to be 7 and first he tells me he wants a money cake then he says he wants a fishing cake so I tell him ok thats the final choice it will be a fishing cake. then my sister tells me she is having a seattle seahawks themed party for him(we grew up in washington) so now im considering a 3 layer cake with maybe money on the bottom something to do with fishing on the top and a football or a helmet for the top layer. Do you think that would be to busy? What suggestions do you have?
Thankyou in advance for any idea's.

4 replies
kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 5

How about, now bare with me,

A two tiered cake: on the top, a little boy fishing, legs dangling over the edge (as if in the water....aka the bottom tier), using dollar signs as bait, then a fish coming up from the bottom (the water) wearing a Seattle Seahawks hat.

I know its kind of involved, and I'm not sure your expertise level....its a thought though.

Post what you end up with...good luck!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 5

It actually does sound kind of busy but of course we don't know what it looks like. It could look fabulous together. I think if it were me I would just stick with the theme. You can make a really great sporty theme cake with his name and age on it.

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

Oh----that's a great idea Kathy----maybe he can be wearing a jersey too?!?!

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

Oh----that's a great idea Kathy----maybe he can be wearing a jersey too?!?!

Thanks Cyndi! I hope Heather likes it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%