Pricing Fudge

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 16 Dec 2014 , 4:54am by kitchenmagic

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 4:56am
post #1 of 10

I have someone who is interested in purchasing fudge from me. I'm not exactly sure on how much to charge her. For those of you who sell fudge, do you double or triple the price of the ingredients?

9 replies
kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 5:09am
post #2 of 10

I also need the answer to that one. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 5:16am
post #3 of 10

I have not sold it but when i have purchased it I paid aroudn $8 per pound sometimes $12 depending on where I purchased from and the type it is.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 10:03am
post #4 of 10

My aunt sells it (Iowa) for $12-15/lb depending on flavor. Chocolate is 12, brown sugar is 15 but no one else there makes it.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 10

It varies in price here from $8 to $12 a pound depending of flavor. Plain chocolate is cheapest with the vanilla/cherry, hazelnut, penuche going for more. Hope this helps.

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 10

The fudge recipe that I'll be using (4 chip fudge) makes about 4 1/2 pounds of fudge and it'll cost about $8-$8.50 to do the whole thing. The fudge is basically semi-sweet chips, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and butterscotch chips, as well as butter, sweetend condensed milk, marshmellow creme, and flavoring. Any more suggestions?

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 2:38am
post #7 of 10

I sell pounds of fudge on a daily basis in my shop...this time of year it is not usual to go through 20lbs a day. I sell it for $9.50/lb. That is roughly 5 times my ingredient cost but is the "norm" around here.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 10

i wholesale out my basic chocolate fudge with no nuts for $6 a pound. That is well above what it costs me to make, but my fudge contains no chocolate chips or marshmellows that would push the cost up considerably. It only costs about $1 a pound for me to make.

kitchenmagic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitchenmagic Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 4:43am
post #9 of 10

I make and sell fudge at Christmas. I sold the first year for double my costs but....with your time and electric or gas and wonderful simple ingredients you should charge about $12-14 per 2 lb batch. People don't mind at all.   They sure aren't making it.  Good luck. I did very well. Alot of work but on my schedule and no one managing but me. I cleared enough to buy lots of Christmas presents and pay a car payment.

kitchenmagic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitchenmagic Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 4:54am
post #10 of 10

Oh and by the way......presentation is everything....I put bows and little knives with it.....I hauled in 200 pounds to a business and people went crazy!!!!!! If you add nuts add another couple bucks.  Have fun!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%