Who Are You?

Lounge By BabyC1985 Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm by sarahpierce

kakelady00009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakelady00009 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #61 of 72

Hi everybody!!!
I thought I would add my two cents..... My names is Melissa, I am 36, I have been married to Ricky for 17 years, and we have 2 wonderful kids-Randall is 15 (just got his permit-wow that is a different kind of fear!!), and Kaitlyn is 13 ( icon_confused.gif she certainly makes life interesting!) But they truely are wonderful kids-we are blessed. We live in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of NC- Brevard (the retirement capital of the world!!! LOL)
I took the Wilton I class when I was 12. It was being offered in a local JCPenny- I think mom was trying to get us out of her hair ( I have a twin sister), I fell in love and have been doing cakes since then. I did my first wedding when I was 15, and I have the picture still- thank God you can see an improvement!!!!
I am an administrative assistant (secretary) for Transylvania County Schools, in the Federal Programs Dept- I love this job! So I work 40 hours a week at work, and appr. 40 hours a week in the kitchen ( I had 4 weddings last Saturday!)
I would love to just do cakes one day-maybe, we'll see!!!
I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site! I have learned so much- thank-you to all who have inspired me to think outside the "Wilton" box (and I mean that in the most loving way) !!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:30pm
post #62 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsGirl

Hey, did anyone else start singing that "Who Are You" song when they read the title of this thead? You know, the one that is the theme song of CSI? LOL

Well, I wasn't. . .. . until you mentioned it! Now I can't get it out of my head!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:55pm
post #63 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettycrockermommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsGirl

Hey, did anyone else start singing that "Who Are You" song when they read the title of this thead? You know, the one that is the theme song of CSI? LOL

Well, I wasn't. . .. . until you mentioned it! Now I can't get it out of my head!

Yep, that happens to me! Every time! icon_lol.gif

So I guess I'll add a little bit about me:

I'm Amy! I'm 22, a mother of 2, a part time student and a full-time SAHM. Ethan is 2 and Jack is 5 months old. I have a wonderful fiance (he's my biggest supporter), who SHOULD be DH by now, but every time we set a date I get pregnant! I think we may just elope here soon and plan a big wedding later.

I love to talk and make new friends. I'm also very sarcastic...so if any of my posts seem mean I was probably joking! I'm also probably the biggest Disney freak you've ever met! I would live in Cinderella's castle if they'd let me. icon_rolleyes.gif

I became interested in cake decorating because a friend of mine was a cake decorator at Target for several years. I tried to get her on this site when I joined over a year ago, man she has no idea what she is missing! My newest addiction is buying pedestal cake stands. I just can't seem to help myself. icon_redface.gif

jmabaxter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmabaxter Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:11am
post #64 of 72

Hi!! My name is Amanda. I am a SAHM to 2 beautiful girls, Madison who is 4 and Lilian who is 1. I've recently become interested in cake decorating and I absolutely love it!!!! I hope to someday be a professional cake decorator. For now I just make cakes for friends and family.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 5:39pm
post #65 of 72

Hi everyone,

My name is Patricia. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 30 years . We have 2 children, son is by his first marriage but he's mine now. icon_biggrin.gif and a daughter who is 30. We have 4 beautiful grandchildren that call us Meemaw and Pawpaw. I started out decorating cakes for the kids and then the grandkids and so on and so on. I've never taken a class but would love to. We live in Thomson GA and love it here. I think everyone here is so kind to share all their knowledge with us that don't know 1/2 as much. Thanks everyone and bless you. icon_biggrin.gif

T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 10:37pm
post #66 of 72

Well, here goes! Hi, I'm Tricia, and I'm from all over! I grew up in Northwest Indiana, a place called Hebron, but joined the Army shortly before my 19th Birthday. Was at Ft. LeonardWood Missouri for a while, then Ft. Bening Georgia before staying a year in Korea. After that I lived in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania for about 4 years while stationed at Ft. Detrick, Maryland. Worked at Ft. Myer in Virginia for a while. Met my hubby of 4.5 years while he was stationed at Ft. Belvoir. We lived in Bloomsbury, New Jersey for a year, and then Hackettstown, New Jersey for another year and now we live in Hurricane, West Virginia.

We have one great son, Liam, who is almost 18 months old. I started decorating cakes last August when I decided I wanted to make a nice cake for his 1st Birthday, and that's when the obsession started. I still only decorate for family, but one day, when my son is older, would like to open a shop. I've also started doing some competitions and fairs.

Other than decorating, I read (a lot), crochette, and am a full time wife and mother. Somewhere in there I manage to sleep. I am absolutely addicted to CC, and have to get a daily fix.

Oh yeah, I just turned 21.... (for the 6th time)

T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 10:45pm
post #67 of 72

Well, here goes! Hi, I'm Tricia, and I'm from all over! I grew up in Northwest Indiana, a place called Hebron, but joined the Army shortly before my 19th Birthday. Was at Ft. LeonardWood Missouri for a while, then Ft. Bening Georgia before staying a year in Korea. After that I lived in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania for about 4 years while stationed at Ft. Detrick, Maryland. Worked at Ft. Myer in Virginia for a while. Met my hubby of 4.5 years while he was stationed at Ft. Belvoir. We lived in Bloomsbury, New Jersey for a year, and then Hackettstown, New Jersey for another year and now we live in Hurricane, West Virginia.

We have one great son, Liam, who is almost 18 months old. I started decorating cakes last August when I decided I wanted to make a nice cake for his 1st Birthday, and that's when the obsession started. I still only decorate for family, but one day, when my son is older, would like to open a shop. I've also started doing some competitions and fairs.

Other than decorating, I read (a lot), crochette, and am a full time wife and mother. Somewhere in there I manage to sleep. I am absolutely addicted to CC, and have to get a daily fix.

Oh yeah, I just turned 21.... (for the 6th time)

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:05am
post #68 of 72

Krystal- (soon)29 yr. old SAHM from a small community in Louisiana.
I'm Cajun, Catholic, white and Japanese.
4 kids
Katelyn- 12, g
Kyland - 4, b
Keradyn - 2, g
Karmyn - 6 mon.g
love anything outdoors.
Degree in Elem. Ed.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #69 of 72

Hi everyone!
My name is Amy Gonzalez, 31, I have been married to my husband Rick for 4 out of the 6 years we have been together. I have one daughter, Hailey, who is 7. I am a full time nurse at Christus Spohn Hospital in Alice Texas. I am very busy making cakes on the weekend, and am in the process of writing a book. I love to spend time with my family, take vacations, and sleep when I can! icon_lol.gif

Kitty484 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty484 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #70 of 72

I'll bump this back up as it's fascinating to read all about you all!

My name is Melissa (but mainly known as Mel since university when everyone was mostly too drunk to pronounce my name properly icon_lol.gif ) and I live in North Lincolnshire, England. It's about halfway up on the East side.
I am 32 on July 26th and I am married for the second time to a wonderful DH for four years and we have a daughter called Caitlin, who is 17 months and such a comedian right now!!
I started 'caking', as DH calls it, in February this year. I'd had a rough few months with post-natal depression and various other things and was looking for something I could do just for some 'me time'! My Grandma taught me to bake when I was growing up and I started making cupcakes for something to do, then kind of started playing around with decorating after that!
My first cake to be seen publicly was Caitlin's christening cake in February and I've made about five since then.
I work full time as an English teacher so I can only decorate between 8 and 10pm in the evenings during the week and it's pretty hectic being a full time teacher, Mum and cake decorator!
I am fast becoming addicted to CC and am learning so many new things on here that I've enrolled myself on a proper course in September as I'd like to have some tuition in some of the finer points such as sugar flowers and piping skills.
I have five sisters, two best friends (one of whom moved out to Pennsylvania PA!) and three cats!
Nice to meet you all!

nosnin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nosnin Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:03am
post #71 of 72

I was "yelled" at in another post about I have been a member since Jan 07 and only have three posts. lol So I thought I would post here to get started.

Hello everyone, I'm Tracy, 28 and I live near Chicago. I'm a cake decorator as a career and I have been doing it for 8 years now.
I have a degree in Culinary arts but I can not tear myself away from cakes. It's really the only thing that I'm really good at.
I have been married to a wonderful guy named Jeremiah for 6 years and we do not have any children.
I like to sew and bake as hobbies. I feel so domestic sometimes! icon_smile.gif

I love meeting people that have the same interests that I have, I guess because I'm a little odd...

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm
post #72 of 72

My name is Sarah, and I'm 28 years old. I have been married to a wonderful supportive husband for almost 3 years. I have 2 beautiful boys, ages 9 and 2. I live just south of Madison Wisconsin. I work full time at a convience store third shift. I am completely self taught in cake decorating. I basically started because I am cheap (er, I mean frugail), and I wanted my kids to have amazing birthday cakes. I fell in love with it after that, and discovered I'm not half bad. I would love to have my own bakery someday. But, unfortunatly my husband is disabled and can't work, so it just isn't in the cards for me right now. I am now totally addicted to CC, what a wonderful site! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%