Who Are You?

Lounge By BabyC1985 Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm by sarahpierce

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 8:08pm
post #31 of 72

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa and I am 43 years old. I have been married to my hubby Steve for 26 years. We have two children 25 and 22, a son in law AND the most wonderful, beautiful, funny etc.... granddaughter Lily who is 18 months old. Man if you don't have those grandbabies yet just you wait! They are way better than your own kids! Anyway we also have 3 dogs a Boxer and two Malte Poos (my avaitor). Since the kids moved away from home I now mother the pups! I love decorating cakes and cookies I also scrapbook, read, and shoot skeet. My husband shoots competively and we are actually in San Antonio TX at the World Skeet Shooting Tournament right now.

I work at a commercial heating and air conditioning company (yes it is crazy there in the TX summer) doing dispatching and billing. We also have a division that sets up emergency generators for people. We kept Walmart , Food Lion, and Exxon up and running during the Katrina hurricane as well as several others.

Melissa

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 8:19pm
post #32 of 72

Ok, you people make me sick. icon_confused.gif AM I THE ONLY ONE LEFT WHO'S NOT MARRIED!?!?! I tried it once, it didn't work out-it was a mixed marriage, he was SATAN icon_evil.gif !!! Sorry, just had to do that.

Hello everyone! My name is Kathy, I'm 35 -oops almost put 36- I don't remember how old I am, I never act my age anyway!!! icon_lol.gif I'm from Northwestern Indiana-pretty much a distant suburb of Chicago... I work for the local county government right now, but I'd like to get a part time job in a bakery and work my way up to cake artistry full time icon_rolleyes.gif ... I have a 17 year old son who got shipped off to a private boarding school because we couldn't find a school nearby that had the athletics he wanted and the academics I wanted... Thank God for financial aid and my ability to do without silly things like food... thumbs_up.gif

I've always had this desire to do cake decorating and baking, I've just gotten really into it in the last year-when I finally learned how to make a decent royal icing!

Cakelover763 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelover763 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 9:00pm
post #33 of 72

Hi Everyone..... My name is Lori, I'm 44 and I am a native of Charlotte, North Carolina. I am re-married to a wonderful man. I was blessed with 2 wonderful sons, and 3 beautiful grandchildren. I love being a wife and a mother, but I have to say I love being a Grandma more. You spoil them rotten, then send them home icon_lol.gif. I work part time at a local department store. I love being with my family, baking, decorating cakes, cooking, and crafts. I collect cook books and any thing to do with cakes. I am also a CC addict icon_wink.gif, just can't get enough.

It's nice to meet you all icon_biggrin.gif

Lori

chele_belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele_belle Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 4:51am
post #34 of 72

Hello everyone...my name is Michele I am 33, I live just outside of Columbus, Ohio. I have been married to my DH Kevin five years as of the 1st, we have Caleb who will be one Nov. 28 and Yukon our husky will be 5 Nov. 25. I work for Jared the Galleria of Jewelry and was a custom jeweler until Friday, but will start a new position as Inventory Control Manager on Monday. Finally, 9 to 5 and no weekends!!

I am a Football Fanatic but my husband is obsessive. I love scrapbooking, baking, decorating cakes, playing Halo3 ( I get to shoot my husband and not go to jail! icon_wink.gif ) and playing cards. I have a fantasy football team ( Drew Breeze is KILLING me!), I am a competitive person so I like to play any type of game.

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 6:49am
post #35 of 72

I find it so interesting to read all these bios - great people here at CC! Ok my turn...
I'm Alisha, born and raised in Santa Maria, CA but I've been in Arizona for 8 years. I'm the luckiest woman ever because I'm married to my best friend in the world. He's a firefighter and I'm a SAHM. We'll celebrate our 4th anniversary on November 7th and we have two beautiful little girls together. Cambria just turned 3 on 10/6 and Lexi will be 2 on 11/27. Yes, 2 wild little children 13 months apart - I don't know what we were thinking! Actually, I do but I'm not going there right now!! We also have a dog (Boxer mix) - our little boy Jaxson. We just celebrated his 3rd (21st!) birthday in May!
I quit my job as an Executive Assistant after Cambria was born and started decorating cakes when she was about 6 months old. I love it and if and when I do start working outside the home again it will definately be in this field!
Nice to meet you all!

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:31am
post #36 of 72

Its been awhile since anyones added to this forum but....I'm gonna.
My name is Sandy Richardson; I'm (amost) 43 been married to a southern boy from Florida for 23 years now. I grew up in Michigan and still consider myself a Michigander!! Have two grown children Clay 20 and Lizzie 18. My daughter is coming home from the army in a few weeks to make me a grandma and I'm having to deal with alot of feelings about that (say a prayer for meicon_smile.gif I work from my home with a good ebay business but would rather decorate cakes all day (do they make those license plates that say "I'd rather be decorating?"). Hubby works out of town alot so I get most of my female interaction from this site and am VERY thankful for iticon_smile.gif

buzymom1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzymom1975 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #37 of 72

Hi fellow CCers!! I am Jenn. I am 33 and I live in Central PA. I have been married to my DH for almost 15 years and we have 2 children, ages 13 and 11. We have been foster parents for 3 years now and currently have a 17 month old foster daughter. I am a SAHM and absoulutely would not trade it for the world. I have been baking and decorating cakes for about 2 years now. All started when DH bought me a cake deco kit for Christmas one year. I have made 3 baby shower cakes for nieces, a bday cake for grandfather and aunt, and countless bday cakes for the kids. Just started dabbling in fondant and really find it to be quite fun (for now) lol

Hoping to one day open my own cake business, as many friends and family members have told me mine are better than some bakeries in our area. ***blushes profusely*** We have 3 dogs and a cat, who are just as spoiled as the kids...lol Guess that's about it for me. Hoping to meet some new friends on here, and get some different ideas for my cakes.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:44am
post #38 of 72

Thanks for keeping this going, and very nice to meet you all!!!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:00am
post #39 of 72

I'm Paula from Illinois....I've been making cakes for family and friends for 10 years (I can't believe I just typed that number!) By day I am a campus minister at a Catholic high school. By night I am taxi driver to my son (aged 12) and daughter (aged 9). I have been married for almost 19 years. CC is my first online forum and I honestly don't know what I'd do without y'allicon_smile.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:55am
post #40 of 72

hi everyone! what a great idea this was! i'm jessica (or jes, please) from east berlin, connecticut. i'm 30 years old and have been married for almost 5 years to the love of my life (we've known each other for 10). we have 2 1/2 year old twin boys, alexander and jonathan and our furbaby kitty, chloe.

when i'm not baking, i love to read and scrapbook. i also love my crockpot, so i'm always throwing new things in there. dh wants me to get a hobby, so we thought maybe having a garden might be nice.

i graduated from eastern ct state university in 2000 with a bachelor's in english. i worked at subway world headquarters for nearly 5 years as a writer and a graphic designer. i then came back to my hometown and transfered to the uconn health center as a web designer. then i left work to be a sahm to my beautiful boys.

my dream would be to go to culinary school (read: to be able to afford it) and to open a bakery someday. but, for now, since i'm home, i can be with the boys and take on projects that i know i can fit into my schedule and not miss one second of the boys' childhood.

glad to meet you all!

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 6:33am
post #41 of 72

Hello everyone! My name is Shamitha. I was born in Durban in S.A. I have been living in Mauritius, which is in the Indian Ocean for 15 years. I'm blessed to be married to my best pal who always encourages & supports my hobby . We'll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary in July. We don't have any children but we cosider our seven dogs our babies.
Seaqueen is the name of DH's boat. He's a Marine Engineer.
I bake for friends, family & church. When I'm not baking or decorating, you'll find me swimming or cycling. I also love cooking.
Pleased to meet you all icon_biggrin.gif

musbeus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musbeus Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 10:15pm
post #42 of 72

Hi, my name is Tara. I'm the mother of Trevor (16), Trent (12), Brianna (11), Jarrod (9), and Faith ( who would be 14). I'm also the surro-mom to Connor, Caleb, Caden (all 5) and LeslieJo. I live in the Atlanta, Ga area. I worked as an LPN for several years before burning out, later drove a semi-truck LOL, and currently a SAHM.

I love cooking, baking, quilting, cross-stitching, and most outdoor sports.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 10:58pm
post #43 of 72

My name is Laurel..I am almost 40..Aahhhhh and I have been married for 9 years and have 2 beautiful children...Mitchell almost 7 and Delaney..5...I am a SAHM and have a small home based cake business.I have become very busy but visit here daily...I love the sharing of pictures and tips to help one another and advice...I don't know what I would do with out CC!!! I was born and raised and live in Calgary,Alberta,Canada which is the oil Capital of Canada...and close to the Canadian rockies....My love of Cake Decorating began about 7 years ago when I decided to attempt my son's first birthday cake...Elmo....needless to say I have come along way and found my passion!!!

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:27am
post #44 of 72

KrazyKat_14.... Here's a shout out for the single gals!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hello my fellow CC'ers: my name is Kim, I am 37 and yes single... wow this feels like an online ad! icon_lol.gif I am in sunny central CA and love it, I can be to the beach or the mountains in 2 hrs which is a favorite passtime of mine... well it was until I met Cake! I am a 9-1-1 dispatcher for a police dept and have been doing this for about 11 yrs. I am the Martha Stewart of graveyard... love to scrapbook, crochet, paint, whatever is crafty. The other joys of my life are my 2 nieces who I adore and who have also come to love "caking" with me. I could go on and on but my 911's keep ringing so for now... this is all you get icon_lol.gif

happy to be here,
Kim

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:47pm
post #45 of 72

Hey everybody!! I have really enjoyed reading and meeting everyone! My name is Nancy. I was born and raised on the "good ole Eastern Shore of Maryland". I just turned 40 (9 years ago!). I am married to the most wonderful and sweet husband Steve. I have a daughter (Jessica, 28, from a previous disaster of a marriage) and a grandson, V.J., 7. Steve and I own a towing company (that is his passion), which is a 24/7 job. We have a spoiled rotten yellow lab named Rusty (Rusty Wallace was my husband's favorite NASCAR driver). I had been wanting to take cake decorating classes for the past 15 years, and one day just "woke up" and said I'm going to take them!! I signed up for Wilton Classes and was HOOKED!! I wasted all of that time wanting to do something and the only thing that was holding me back was ME. I want to thank each and every one of you who have helped me and/or given me support on CC! I feel like I know each one of you! I love photography and spending time on this website! Time to shut up...I tend to ramble sometimes! icon_lol.gif
Love ya'all

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:02pm
post #46 of 72

Hello everyone I am Lindsey. I started decorating cakes about five years ago I think...my memory is shot. I had to stop due to a work schedule change that had me working late on Friday and Saturdays. I wanted to stay at home with my kids, so I started doing daycare a year and a half ago. Along with my four sons Isaiah (11), Clifton (9), Cameron (6), and Myles (4) I care for nine other children(some full some part time). It's quiet time and they are napping so I snuck away to check out CC. icon_lol.gif

My husband and I have been together for ten years.

I enjoy vacations! Also cooking, baking, obsessing about Lost, sitting on my back deck and just relaxing and watching my children play. My children are heavily into sports and I really love going to their games and practices. Baseball season just started so we are pretty much living at the diamonds.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:20am
post #47 of 72

Well, my name is Kandi. I've been playing around with cake decorating for 10 years or so (give or take). I have 4 birds, and 2 dogs.

Husband and I have been married for 11 years, we have two children together, and I have a 17 year old prior to my other two. They are all boys.

I have been in the Navy, met the cast of "the hunt for red october" while in the Navy. I've have top secret clearance, and enjoyed the military.

Can't say I like vacations, at least ones when we do things, because we don't do family vacations. No one can agree on what to do, so hubby goes on his vacation in November to hunt for 2 weeks, and the kids and I stay home, and thats a vacation in itself! only gone a couple.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:09pm
post #48 of 72

Hello, let me first say that i think this was a great idea, everyone sharing who they are. My name is Vanna and I grew up and still live in Denham Springs,la. I am 21 and have 2 little girls one who's 3.5 and one who's 1.5. On May 19 my husband and I will celebrate our 2nd anniversary. My mom did simple cakes as a hobby while I was growing up(im one of 5, so she didnt have much time) she opened my eyes to it, but it wasnt until I discoverd CC that I that really saw how much was out there, and how much I really loved it! I began doing solo cakes in Oct, and have only done a few, but i learn something new each time and I love it!!! Its nice meeting everyone!!

cakelover25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelover25 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:02pm
post #49 of 72

Hi Everyone! I'm Kathy from Nebraska. I'm 44 and have been married for 25 years to my hubby. We have 3 kids, a 25 year old daughter, 22 year old son and 14 year old daughter.

I work as an underwriter for an insurance company and love to read and garden in my spare time. I've always loved baking and have decorated cakes for family and friends for the last 25 years. Some have been pretty bad!

It's a hobby I love and I've learned alot from everyone on this site. Everyone here is so talented.

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:49pm
post #50 of 72

Hi Everybody
My name is Cheryl and I live in Cross Junction, VA (N. VA). I am 38, divorced, with a 14 year old daughter who is an avid volleyball player. I work at a school for special needs kids and I have been a volunteer firefighter/EMT for 18 years. I also teach CPR for the Red Cross. I have been a cake addict for about 4 years. I have a 13 year old Shih-tzu who is a very spoiled little princess!! icon_lol.gif Nice to meet all of you!! icon_biggrin.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:48am
post #51 of 72

Hi yall! I'm Sherri from South Carolina. I'm a 34 year old mother of 5. I have been married to my best friend for 14 years. I stay at home with my 6 month old and love it. My children are involved in sports, so we stay pretty busy!

I love to decorate cakes and wish it was legal to bake and sell from home in my state, but it is not. My hubby is a pastor, but also works as a sub-contractor for a security camera company. Gotta feed these kids somehow!

pastrygirl33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl33 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:04am
post #52 of 72

Hey Just wanted to say hello to everyone here It is very nice meeting you all. I've already given all my info but it had been a while and I just wanted to say Hi to everyone on here.Take care.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:14pm
post #53 of 72

Hi all! I'm a hobbyist out of Lafayette, IN. I'm originally from Gary, IN, and I'm married (1.5 years now) with no kids and two cats. icon_biggrin.gif

I work for a big University in Indiana at the main campus icon_wink.gif for the IT organization. I'm a technical writer (i.e., I translate geek).

I'm approximately 25 years old (birthday is next month), and Tigger is my favorite cartoon character.

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 1:45pm
post #54 of 72

I'm Crystal, from Duluth, GA (a suburb of Atlanta). I'm 29, have 2 kids, a girl who's 9 (going on 39) and a boy who's 8. My husband, AJ, and I have been married for 4 years. My kids are from a previous marriage.

I grew up in Knoxville, TN. GO VOLS! My brother is in the Navy, currently stationed out of Norfolk, VA.

I'm an organized, loving, responsible mom by day, and a wild child with my girls (and hubby) by night! LOL I love cake decorating, reading, coffee, movies, music, Florida sunsets, dancing, karaoke, and have the best family in the world. icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 1:58pm
post #55 of 72

Oh to be 29 again... well maybe I will be this year icon_wink.gif

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:05pm
post #56 of 72

Hey, did anyone else start singing that "Who Are You" song when they read the title of this thead? You know, the one that is the theme song of CSI? LOL

wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:11pm
post #57 of 72

LOL
I'd run the kids out of the house if I started singing LOL.... Ohh maybe I oughta start now icon_rolleyes.gif

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:37pm
post #58 of 72

Ha Ha!!
When "Leaving on a Jet Plane" came back, I started to sing it during car pool, the kids were dumbstruck, asking how I knew the song.....of course they wouldn't think that it was a re-do, or what ever they call it!!
And....my singing voice is something that should never be heard outside the shower!!!!

wgoat5 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:40pm
post #59 of 72

LOL... I'm not even allowed to sing in the shower... I can hear the kids yell "MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But really what gets them ... is when I take the kids and get in the drop off line at school.. I turn their music up and it embarrasses them!!! LOL... the more they complain the louder the music gets!! icon_biggrin.gif (evil laugh)

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:51pm
post #60 of 72

Hi everyone. I seem to talk too much sometimes, so I'll try to keep this brief.

I am Cyndi, 43 yr olds. I live in Opelika AL with my wonderful husband of 13 years (on July 1st!). Between us we have 3 kids. His son is 26, married and has given us 2 beautiful grandsons, 1 and 5. His daughter (16) and my son (15) live with us. I completed all 3 Wilton cake decorating courses last spring at Hobby Lobby and I love it! I started having trouble with my right arm and neck/shoulder last fall and I couldn't do any cakes, which just about killed me! I found a wonderful doctor earlier this year who found I had a ruptured disc, did surgery and I am back doing what I love! I know I'm not the best, but I am getting better and I love challenges. I haven't worked with fondant, yet, but eventuallly want to try the MMF.

My wonderful husband is great with math, he helps me figure out the logistics of a cake, because I can't do it! Because if it isn't square, or in 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or 1 in inches, you can forget me doing it! lol Heck, I even have trouble with figuring out what 3/4 of a cup of butter is with the sticks! icon_redface.gif He knows how much cake decorating means to me and he is behind me 200%!

I really pride myself on having great tasting cakes, because to me, that's the most important thing - having a beautifully decorated cake is just a benefit! lol

So, that's me in a nutshell!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%