Going To Hold Yellow/white Cake Taste

Baking By Susecita Updated 9 Dec 2006 , 5:32pm by Susecita

Susecita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susecita Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 10:44am
post #1 of 12

What recipe must I absolutely include in my tasting? One Ive tried and absolutely cannot agree with is Sarah Phillips Cake. It just isnt for me. Thanks!!!

Sus

11 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 12

The white almond sour cream cake of off this site is wonderful!

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 12

Margie's Incredible chocolate cake recipe...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2384-Margies-Incredible-Chocolate-Cake-Recipe.html

Sub yellow cake and vanilla pudding...OMG it is to die for...so moist and unbelievable...and when you get time, try the chocolate too!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 12

My vote is for the white almond sour cream cake that mkolmar suggested - really yummy and super moist.

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 12

My most popluar that I have made is chocolate fudge with raspberry filling, vanilla caramel, & raspberry lemonade cake. I try to have more flavorful, different cakes for tastings other than plain chocolate & vanilla.
HTH,
HeatherMari

Susecita Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 2:05am
post #6 of 12

Ill do the almond cake. Any other takers? Toba, Wooley? Im also going to do Cake Bible's White Velvet. Guys remember im on the lookout for white/yellow not chocolate ;op.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 3:24am
post #7 of 12

my nieces favorite cake is the yellow one I make but not my scratch yellow but from a mix. I take a DH butter cake mix and use milk instead of water add an extra egg and 1 box of dry vanilla pudding mix. Lower the temp of the oven and then bake. It will take a little longer to be done.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 3:36am
post #8 of 12

I do the Cake Bible's White Velvet cake for white and Sylvia Weinstock's yellow, can't go wrong with either, moist and wonderful!

Haven't tried Toba's yellow, but I'm SURE it would be great--her chocolate sure is...

Susecita Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 4:46am
post #9 of 12

Where can I find Sylvia's recipe? Here is the list I have thus far:

1. Almond Cake
2. White Velvet
3. Sylvia Weinstock's
4. Im thinking my traditional PRican just to see what people think.
5. Maybe Toba's?

Im thinking of having the tasting during the holiday break when I will be doing absolutely nothing while at home. Invite friends over for it. So if I can get my hands on Toba's and/or weinstock's recipes Im set.

Wohoo!

sus

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 4:29pm
post #10 of 12

I have both if you don't find them, pm me and I'll scan them and email them to you or something (short of typing time...)

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 4:43pm
post #11 of 12

You can go on line and search for Slyvia Weinstocks "Classic yellow cake" It a great tasting cake. Also Toba's moist yellow cake. To me these are two great tasting scratch cakes. The best box mix is DH golden butter recipe. I use the extender recipe with it and it tastes close to home made. Hope this was some help.

Susecita Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 5:32pm
post #12 of 12

This was more than helpful! Do you guys notice a major difference between these yellow/white cakes? USually to me density and color are the big differences but I have found that most people don't really enjoy the density of a yellow cake so am leaning more towards a white cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%