Ace Of Cakes To Judge Cake Contest In Severna Park, Md.

Decorating By Bunny551 Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 1:00am by Sweettooth1120

Bunny551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunny551 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:50am
post #1 of 17

ImageDuff Goldman of the Food Network's "Ace of Cakes" will be judging a creative cakes contest at SPORT FIT Severna Park's Open House on Wednesday, October 17, 2007. SPORT FIT is a fitness center located in Severna Park, Maryland. There is a registration process and only 25 cakes will be allowed to enter. See their webpage, sportfitclubs.com for more details as well as directions to the event.

16 replies
sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:11am
post #2 of 17

Cool! Are you gonna enter?

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:14am
post #3 of 17

anyone else find it funny that a fitness club would hold a cake contest?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:24am
post #4 of 17

I was just thinking the same thing - cakes and fitness club?

RaYiTo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaYiTo Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:26am
post #5 of 17

i got to say,hahahahaa!!! THAT`S TOTALLY WRONG ,BUT FUNNY!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED!! icon_lol.gif

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:27am
post #6 of 17

sure......

Blood Sugar Screenings, Medispa, Diets to GO, Body Fat Analysis, and....

....CAKE!!!!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:29am
post #7 of 17

I'm pretty sure his dad owns a fitness club.... it was on Ace of Cakes before. Duff made a treadmill cake & they had him get on a real treadmill with the cake

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:32am
post #8 of 17

What better way to bring in business? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:38am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by misha35

I'm pretty sure his dad owns a fitness club.... it was on Ace of Cakes before. Duff made a treadmill cake & they had him get on a real treadmill with the cake

Yup, you're right...I was just going to say that!

afh0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afh0212 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:19am
post #10 of 17

Oh yes! I would love to enter just for fun!!! And it certainly would be!!
I emailed for registration information....how cool! I would like to go just to meet Duff!

Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:40am
post #11 of 17

Oh I would so love to enter this. How much fun and to meet Duff would be awesome. I emailed them but I am sure they are swarmed. icon_biggrin.gif

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:40am
post #12 of 17

Sounds like so much fun.

Sweettooth1120 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:04pm
post #13 of 17

Im in. Called today and they had space so now I am going crazy with what to do. There are no real rules. Sooo Excited!

Kim

afh0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afh0212 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:16pm
post #14 of 17

Does anyone have any details on how this event went??? I checked the website, but it is still just info on the contest. No results or pics.

bgallay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bgallay Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:51am
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by afh0212

Does anyone have any details on how this event went??? I checked the website, but it is still just info on the contest. No results or pics.

I think he talked about this contest at the event in Rockford IL. He mentioned something about treadmills I think. He said something like a 12 yr old one with a very simple cheese cake - it looked yummy and good enough to eat... I could be wrong though.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 9:39am
post #16 of 17

Hometownannapoli.com/ is the website for the newspaper who did a story on it. I was on the front page on 10-19-2007 so you may have to go back a few days. They showed quite a few photos, the main one was a gym bag and the header was "Tastier than you average gym shoe"

Sweettooth1120 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:00am
post #17 of 17

I was there. It was great. He was so chill, very friendly. He said that he didnt expect this level of skill. He said that in judging it was very hard to judge based on skill alone because you had all skill levels and age levels so he judged by what appealled to him and what looked like the creator had fun making.

Second place was a cheesecake made by a young girl. He chose that because he said out of all the cakes it was the one that you just wanted to eat. The winner was a present with a rabbit popping out of it with a barbell over its head. It was very creative and well done.

There were a lot of great and creative cakes there. There were many techniques used. Overall it was a fun experience. It was my first "competition" and I am glad because it was very laid back.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%