Fbct Help

Decorating By morphis1208 Updated 8 Dec 2006 , 1:13pm by BklynSuze

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 12:45am
post #1 of 6

Hi guys. I'm attempting to make my very first FBCT. Lucky me I am going to try and make the Florida Gators logo, there are a lot of small areas in here that I am concerned about. What tip do you use to fill? What areas should I start with first? Any help is greatly appreciated.
LL

5 replies
morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 1:14am
post #2 of 6

Also do I add color just like any other BC?

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 3:59am
post #3 of 6

I've only does this twice and I used a tip 3, but I wished I had used a smaller one for some thin lines. I guess it depends on what the actual size of your image is. For this one, I would start with the outlines (all of them), then the teeth and eye, then the gator itself, the blue around him, and finally the orange.

Good luck!
-Lisa

BklynSuze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BklynSuze Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 6

Call me lazy about washing tips LOL I use a toothpick for the small areas..just pick some icing up on the end of the toothpick and dab it on..I prefer to do them that way because it also helps to push the icing to the corners and closer to the outline of the design. For bigger areas I will often use a parchment bag and no tip..just my way but it works out well.

I have a few fbct's in my pics if you want to see examples of them done minus the icing tip

Ishi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishi Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 6

I typically use a #2 or 3 tip for the outline, medium consistency icng. Then to fill, use a #3 for the larger areas, thin consistency icing. You can either fill in the tight spots with a #1 or try the toothpick trick as Suze suggested. I have done that and it works.I have always used a sheet protector to put the image in and then just tape it to the counter. Put a thin layer of crisco under your icing to be sure that your image doesn't stick. And also don't skimp on the outline. That is always the first thing that wants to break apart when I transfer mine to the cake.

Good luck!

BklynSuze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BklynSuze Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 6

yes...the outer outline loves to break..I usually will use the ready made black icing that you just attach a tip to the tube..I will often go back and repipe the outline in spots if it breaks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%