Edible Image Printing

Decorating By TuraluraLee Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 12:32am by TuraluraLee

TuraluraLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TuraluraLee Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 3

I have just received my Epson C88+ printer for edible images, I ordered the recommended edible ink tanks from KopyKake and frosting sheets, but the colors of the printed images are nothing like the original picuture. I've read other posts on this site about others who have bought this same equipment, but have no problems, their images are coming out as they should. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make my colors print more "true" to the original? I'm really upset that I've spent all this money to have such a disapointment with this. This is even the printer that KopyKake recommended for Epson printers. I just don't understand what might be wrong with my setup. Help, please, anyone???

2 replies
lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 3

I don't have the same equipment that you do, but I had a problem with my colors coming out lighter and with lines through the image. I hadn't set mine on "highest resolution" .

HTH,
Amy

TuraluraLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TuraluraLee Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:32am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I spent some time tonight (and wasted ALOT of edible ink) but somehow got the colors working. It seemed that the air vacuum inside the cartridge was just too much, the colors weren't flowing. All is well now, I've printed my image and am really happy with the quality (I was really scared there for awhile). Hopefully all continues to go well with future prints (**fingers crossed**). thanks again to those who took time out of their day to try to assist!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%