Covering Cake Board

Decorating By Brandonsmommy Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 10:15pm by Brandonsmommy

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 4

How do I cover the cake board? They are the Wilton ones. Do I just wrap it in some pretty paper then cover with Saran Wrap??

thanks!

3 replies
trakarbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trakarbart Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 4

You can buy fanci-foil made by Wilton for covering boards or, what I do, is buy some matching wrapping paper and cover the board and then cover the board and paper with clear shelf paper so the wrapping paper doesn't get all greasy. Hope this helps!!

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 4

Wilton makes "fancy foil" for covering cake boards. If you use foil or plastic wrap it will most likely tear when you cut the cake and you could possibly get pieces of it in your cake. The fancy foil does not tear easily and will withstand cutting and serving the cake. the down side is it comes in gold and silver only. There have been many discussions on CC about what is "food safe" for covering boards, you may want to search for those old posts if you're interested. Some people use gift wrap covered by clear contact paper, but there is no consensus whether that is food safe.

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 4

oh, I hadn't thought about the saran wrap ripping. The contact paper is a good idea. I guess if I were to wash it off, let it dry then put the cake on it it might be "food safer".

I have done the wrapping paper and it did get all greasy, again, for the neighbor so she didn't care!

Thanks for the ideas Neomommy and trakarbart !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%