Christmas Gifts

Decorating By heavenscent Updated 7 Dec 2006 , 9:21pm by beesting

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:55am
post #1 of 57

Just wondering what everyone was asking for Christmas?

56 replies
mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:14am
post #2 of 57

Well, you forgot to mention what YOU are asking for !

My petitions are simple: cd's (rock), books, money, and anything my family knows I would like.

And for the New Year - love , health and happiness - for everyone. ( And a better year than this one, which has been trying!)

Merry Christmas!

Marie

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:21am
post #3 of 57

Happiness, health, love, peace, acceptance and... cake orders !!!!!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:30am
post #4 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudine1976

... cake orders !!!!!

Im with you on that one!!!
icon_lol.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:49am
post #5 of 57

Well I keep asking to win the lottery but for some reason no one takes me seriously. Actually I don't really want much this year I asked for a KA or any stand mixer that won't die on me within the 1st year of having it, some baking stuff and a new cell phone. My cell phone has bit the big one and I have a cruddy replacement phone that I don't like. Maybe Santa will leave me a new set of icing tips in my stocking or that darn winning lottery ticket! icon_wink.gif

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 8:52am
post #6 of 57

I'm asking for the same thing I have been asking for the past few years - a SMALLER BUTT!!!! Santa does not seem to be listening. This year I have added a KA to my wish list. Hope someone out there is paying attention!!!!

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 9:00am
post #7 of 57

I would like a good camera so my cake pictures will look good. But kiddos come first so don't know if that will happen. But I am all for MORE CAKE ORDERS icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And getting rid of the big butt well I haven't gotten that and have benn askin for HUH 30 yrs LOL Santa is partcial (sp) to big booties icon_lol.gif

dragomom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragomom Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 9:07am
post #8 of 57

All I want for christmas is my daughter to be ok and my granddaughter to be born healthy. ( daughter is having some complications with her pregnancy and due dec 30)

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:15am
post #9 of 57

All I want is a house. That's it, nothing too difficult. icon_lol.gif

dragomom - I hope you get your wish icon_smile.gif Good luck to mom and baby.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:40am
post #10 of 57

We don't exchange bday/Christmas presents between DH and me. MIL always buys me stupid gifts (one year it was Revlon Mascara and a month later a fancy sports coat for DH? Ummm... I know DH is her son, but I've always been told to be even with gift giving!) or asks me what I want and then makes me pick it out at the mall.... She hasn't asked me about that this year, so I'm afraid I know what it will be. She's been knitting scarves, so I think it will be a scarf. Not that a handmade good is a bad thing, but I never wear scarves and I have a big stack of scarves and hats she's given me over the years and have to keep donating them to thin the herd.

If I were to ask, it would be a nice set of knives. Gotta save up for those!

Melissa

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:44am
post #11 of 57

lol I got up this morn and dh left a note on my desk asking me to make a list of 10 things I want with full decscription then I log on and see this thread. So far I have a sexy nightie lol cookie scoop, cookie sheet, bath stuff an agenda for 2007 and a nice pen and just for fun I said him under the tree wearing a christmas bow lmao icon_lol.gif My daughter bought me an mp3 player which she already gave me so I downloaded my music and wrapped it up so its ready for me xmas day. And I just bought a new digital camera as a family gift for me and hubby.

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:49am
post #12 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

..... MIL always buys me stupid gifts ......
If I were to ask, it would be a nice set of knives. ....

Melissa
I hope they're not to entice your MIL to get you nice gifts from now on icon_eek.gif ?

icon_lol.gif hahahahahahhahahaaha icon_lol.gif
Nati

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:52am
post #13 of 57

Dragomom I really hope everything goes ok with your daughter and baby. I will keep her in my prayers.
All I want for christmas is an airbrush system. My husband says he is going to get it for me. I pulled the picture of the one I want and gave it to him. So I was getting concerned last night and asked him had he ordered it and his response was" honey I am swamped at work,could you order it for me" Well I guess I know I will be getting now.LOL.

berryblondeboys Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:57am
post #14 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonenati

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

..... MIL always buys me stupid gifts ......
If I were to ask, it would be a nice set of knives. ....

Melissa
I hope they're not to entice your MIL to get you nice gifts from now on icon_eek.gif ?

icon_lol.gif hahahahahahhahahaaha icon_lol.gif
Nati

icon_surprised.gif goodness that sounded funny! LOL No, it's because I'm sort of a gourmet cook and I have crappy knives, really crappy. It's ridiculous actually. 90% of them are grocery store knives!!!

I should clarify to that our family is really small. My mom and I fell out a decade ago and just are cordial, not really family any more (she disappears from time to time), my DH is an only child, and with divorces and such, our family really is only my DH, 2 kids and my MIL. That's IT. So, holidays are pretty low on the giftgiving!

I just want to know why really good knives are SOOOOOOO expensive when they are just a few dollars for ones that work adequately, just not great. I would love a set of cutco knives. I'm not wanting things I need to sharpen all the time.

Melissa

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:11pm
post #15 of 57

Knives - Ginsu is the way to go on a budget. I'm getting another set for my fiance this year. The first set got mistakenly put in the "donate" box instead of "moving" box. UGH!

Ginsu is good enough to invenst in twice, how's that?!?! icon_lol.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:24pm
post #16 of 57

I just want decor books and for my DH to make up his mind what he wants!!!! icon_cry.gif He wants all these electronic things for his music production equipment that I have no idea where to get and what is a good deal on. If I go out and get him something it needs to be this, that and something else. I just don't know what those are! I keep telling him to find me some examples with price ranges so I can at least compare with specifications to boot. He is an ebayer fanatic so it's kinda hard to bid on something he wants and then it goes way beyond what he thinks is a good deal. Difficult are these music men! But sweet and deff a breed of their own! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:35pm
post #17 of 57

I asked for Magic Line pans, new Americolor colors and tickets for Josh Groben this Fed. Hopefully I will get something off my list! My hubby and I try to focus more on our boys but still suprise each other!

Cutco are amazing! My older brother sold them while he was in college so we all have them! WAY to expensive though!
Hope you get them!
Tracy

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:41pm
post #18 of 57

Cutco knives are the best! My mom and dad have had them for 40 years
I also have them and wouldnt trade them for anything!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:45pm
post #19 of 57

berryblondeboys - you won't belive this but you should get a set of Miracle Blade knives! They are the best knives I have ever had, the Wustoffs and Henkels have been in the drawer ever since! And I think you can get a really good deal on the full set right now. I will check for a website a bit later.

I'd love an airbrush set, this year I could have a list a mile long! I moved my office upstairs and I need a computer armoire so I can hide all the work junk so you don't see it right when you come in the house - but I think I may have to sell a few cakes and save up for that one.

mommabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabear Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:11pm
post #20 of 57

I would like a new computer that no one else in the house is allowed to touch!! Anything from the baking isle at the craft store. Or any of the Willow Tree figures ( i just love those things)
Oh and I'm on board with the whole smaller butt thing!!!! icon_lol.gif

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:25pm
post #21 of 57

Well, a smaller butt would certainly top the list! But since DH can't do anything about that, I've asked for a KA 6 qt. If he can't get one on our budget, I'd like a small airbrush for cakes, some new cake decorating books, or some cake stands, or platters. This is the first year in a long time that we've set aside enough to get each other more than just a "token" gift, so we are both excited! We bought the kids' stuff early & put on lay-a-way, now it's hidden at MIL's house!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:41pm
post #22 of 57

hmmmm, not sure yet icon_biggrin.gif

cakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedeco Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:53pm
post #23 of 57

Husband can get you a smaller butt, with a little fortune (plastic surgery). I have also wanted a smaller butt and hip and thighs all my life.
I just recieved my IP6000D because I got it for 69.99. I would like impression mats gumpaste cutters and veiners. I'm just starting to decorate so I have very little supply.

Good luck with you daughter and grandchild.

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:00pm
post #24 of 57

I asking hubby for: digital camera, cake books, & some cd's

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:00pm
post #25 of 57

I'm asking hubby for: digital camera, cake books, & some cd's

berryblondeboys Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:04pm
post #26 of 57

Actually, the best gift DH could give me as a day to myself - all by myself. While I love my 19 month old to death, I'm worn out.

Next thing I want is deflated breasts! icon_razz.gif I'm large breasted normally, but with breastfeeding (and he doesn't seem ready to give that up any time soon!) I'm just enormous. I'm just really glad that I have a large frame so that it camoflages the actual size a bit. A 40I is a bit over the top (though most girlfriends guess me at a DD) (and um, yep, you read the "I" part correctly!)

I think prebaby I was probably an F (gasp, a G?), but I stuffed myself into DDs as that what you can find in stores, but I'll order from here on out....

Hmmm... maybe a new non breastfeeding bra? (can you tell I'm tired of being mom and want some freedom! LOL)

Melissa

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:12pm
post #27 of 57

I'm not fussy. Anything will do. I prefer to give than get, so when it comes time for DH to go shopping for me, all the money is gone. Oh well.

Hope daughter and grandbaby will be OK. Keep the faith icon_wink.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:36pm
post #28 of 57

I would be extremely happy with one thing and one thing only... for my sister to be better and to come home... She was in an accident 2 1/2 years ago and has been in a vegetative state since and is in a nursing home. My parents are raising her 3 boys ages 9 7 and 4 and it's really hard on my dad being 70 years old and having to raise a baby again... So I would like for her to be better and to come home.

As far as items.... I'd like a KitchenAid mixer in a purple or black color lol. A nice one a big one the best one they have! But I won't get it so it's just a dream lol.

I hope your daughter and grand baby are doing well and I'm sure everything will turn out for the good.

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:43pm
post #29 of 57

OhMyGoodies - my prayers are with you and your family for the Christmas season...

My wish list (which has been on the fridge for weeks!) is simple:
-a baby
-a puppy
-a pony
-anything cake/cookie/candy-making related
-anything stamp or scrapbook related

icon_biggrin.gif we'll see on Christmas morning! whatever cake stuff I don't get for Christmas, I'll pick up on Boxing day! icon_biggrin.gif

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:51pm
post #30 of 57

I'm all about my ever growing managerie of pets (2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 horses) so I'm asking for a Fuzzy Lop bunny (that really is the breed name). But if I can't talk the fiance into yet another critter, hopefully he'll get me the KA mixer I've been ogling for a while now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%