Can I Make A Wood Look Floor With Bc Icing?

Decorating By coreenag Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm by dogwood

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:14am
post #1 of 5

I am making a piano cake for this weekend. I want to make a cake under the piano that looks like flooring. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Can I make the hardwood flooring with just buttercream and if so how? Or any other type of flooring that someone can suggest would be appreciated! Thanks!

4 replies
iluvcakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes27 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:32am
post #2 of 5

I personally think a wood floor might be a little challenging with buttercream. But if you can't figure out how to do it, then make like a black and white checked floor. It might look cool. I don't know what the occasion is, so it might work.

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:38am
post #3 of 5

It is for a friends son. It is his birthday and he has a baby grand piano that he plays. I am having issues with black icing so was trying to get away from that icon_sad.gif I am hoping that the icing will darken enough for the piano.

iluvcakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes27 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #4 of 5

oh yeah, black frosting is a pain. Hmm.. .Sorry don't have anymore ideas, but hopefully someone will.. Good Luck icon_smile.gif

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 5

You can buy woodgrain impression mats. You could color your BC first and then use the impression mat or leave the BC white, use the impression mat and then spray on the color with an airbrush or a Preval Sprayer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%