Diego Cake Needs Something...

Decorating By turtle3264 Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 11:19pm by TheDomesticDiva

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:20am
post #1 of 6

I made this round Diego cake and someone wants me to make a Diego sheet cake. I wanted to do a similiar design as the round one, but I will have more space on the sheet cake. I don't want to just have a lot of grass and rocks all over the top. I need something else to make it more special. I want to use the plastic Diego figurine not a FBCT or something similiar. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking that Diego should be larger. Does anyone know where you can get the Diego and compass that I have seen on other cakes?Thanks
LL

5 replies
1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:46am
post #2 of 6

What about a his Rescue Center behind him. Build it from graham crackers. Add some other jungle scenery. Trees, rocks, grass, light brown sugar for sand (I know you said you didnt want to fill up on rocks and grass but thats what you see on the show).

Add Dora and Boots and make a party scene with balloons, confetti etc. and a gumpaste banner and keep the jungle look.

You could make a waterfall --use rice krispie treats to make the rocky moutain, frost it grey or brown or both, put down a strip of tinted fondant for water and paint it with blue piping gel. Put some jungle animals around.

I dont where to get the pieces your looking for, sorry.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:50am
post #3 of 6

I had a heck of a time finding Diego figures! (Well, without spending $20 or more for a set) I'd fill in with brush, maybe a pond and some animals. Once you put on a pond and some grassy areas, it will be alot easier to fill in the other areas!

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for your great ideas. I didn't know what to add to it. I'll have to try some of these.

Ali24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali24 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 6

What if you just add some animals? Animals are his job!

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 6

I was thinking animals too... he's always got that baby jaguar with him! Or his jeep. I also like the idea of the rescue center or the rocks and jungle. Im sure you could find Diego pieces like you need, even if you have to go to your grocery store bakery and ask where they order theirs from for their birthday cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%