If I Had To Choose One Cake Decorating Book For A Wish List

Decorating By DoniB Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 4:07am by bitofsnshn

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 2:39am
post #1 of 9

What should it be?

My best friend and I went to the cake show in Pineville, NC today, and ended up at Barnes and Noble, looking through cake books. SO many to choose from!!!

If you guys had to choose just one of your cake ideas/inspiration/instruction books, which one would it be?? I've been ordered to create a wish list, prioritizing the books, so that my friends know what to get me for birthdays/christmas/random gifting (hey, I have friends that will occasionally do that...)

Go! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:49am
post #2 of 9

I LOVE anything by Peggy Porschen, she has 2 books out right now and they are my absolut favorite! Pretty Party Cakes and Romatic Cakes!

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:52am
post #3 of 9

Colette Peter's 'Cakes to Dream On'
closely followed by Margaret Braun's 'Cakewalk' I could quiet happily do without my other books but I'd hate to lose either of them.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 8:16am
post #4 of 9

I'm pretty attached to my Joseph Lambeth method book... and definitely Cakewalk...if the dog ate them I'd have furry new slippers and a matching scarf... icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 8:59am
post #5 of 9

Colette Peters' Birthday Cakes - IMO it's her absolute best!
Sort of like Margaret Braun's work (OK, not as detailed - but whose work is?) but her directions and explanations are much clearer.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 9

I am a huge Debbie Brown fan. Any of her books are great!

Course, I am waiting for Tuggy - Bettina of (Betty's Sugar Dreams) to write a book!!! She has been my inspiration here at CC! Love her stuff!

Thanks, Tugster!

mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 9

I just got confetti cakes and I think it should be on the top of your lists icon_biggrin.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:55am
post #8 of 9

confetti cakes is a good book. i also like debbie browns books....not a fan of colette's.

bitofsnshn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bitofsnshn Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:07am
post #9 of 9

i agree the joseph Lambeth method book has techniques i have not seen duplicated in other books.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%