Fundraising

Decorating By Dannie Updated 2 Aug 2005 , 3:40am by MrsMissey

Dannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dannie Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 4

Just wanted to share an idea that my sons cub scout troop does to fundraise as it involves cakes.

Every year at their final banquet each boy is to bring a decorated cake. After dinner, they hold an auction and auction off each cake. All the proceeds then go into the pack to pay for their activities.

Some of the ideas the boys come up with are fascinating. Lots of boys do cakes on the theme of the Pine Wood Derby, USA..etc.

I just thought with some of the cakes I've seen on here and the ingenious ideas, if anyone has a group that does fundraising this may be an option.

Also, so that the boys receive recognition for their cakes, awards are given for like, the smallest cake, the biggest cake, the most icing, best use of blue & gold, least icing, tallest cake, etc.

-Daniell

3 replies
irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 12:22am
post #2 of 4

This is really a great idea, we usually have a bake sale once a month to raise money so we can do things for the employees. I am one of the members on this commitee so at our next meeting I will suggest this and see what happens. Thanks for the ideaicon_smile.gif

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 2:52am
post #3 of 4

I am actually donating a decorated cake and a gift certificate for another decorated cake to the fund raiser for my dd's school in the Fall. It's a great idea and another way to get my name out there more. (without "really" advertising!)

Lisa

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 3:40am
post #4 of 4

Great ideas!!

I donate what a call "Desert-A-Month" I print out a list of dessert choices and the highest bidder gets to pick one each month, for the next twelve months. It's great advertising and raises money for a great cause. I do it for Habitiat for Humanity, the local YMCA and various other local organizations!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%