Cookie Sheets

Decorating By Sherryb Updated 2 Aug 2005 , 2:53pm by pooker

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 9

I just recently bought the air flow cookie sheets. The instructions that came with it said to bake the cookies on the higher end of the baking time.
Do any of you use these for cookies? I can't seem to get the baking time right, and wondered what someone else might have to say about these pans. I bake a lot more cookies that I do cakes.
Sherry

8 replies
irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 9

Sherryb, I have the air-flow cookie sheets and just bake on what ever the recipe calls for and haven't had any problems, maybe somone else can give you more helpicon_smile.gif

Sherryb Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 9

I forgot to mention that I always roll my cookie dough 1/4 in, thicker if I am making a cookie bouquet.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 4:39am
post #4 of 9

Which brand of cookie sheets did you buy? I have two makes, one I am not happy with at all and rarely use. I find the cookies don't brown nicely, take way too long to cook, I don't like cleaning it either because the water gets in underneath and I am sorry I ever bought it. The other one is really the best cookie sheet I have ever purchased. Hhmn, too late to go down to the kitchen and pull it out but I will try to list the name tomorrow.
Hugs Squirrelly

Sherryb Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 9

Mine is Wearever......it takes forever to bake cookies and they don't brown well either.
I'm interested in finding out the brand of the one that you have that you like.
Sherry

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 3:45am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherryb

Mine is Wearever......it takes forever to bake cookies and they don't brown well either.
I'm interested in finding out the brand of the one that you have that you like.
Sherry

Hi Sherry,
My advice to you is to sell it at a garage sale, this is absolutely the worse cookie sheet I own. It was a huge disappointment to me. In fact I prefer the cheaper bent out of shape old scratched up ones and get better results from them than I do with this Wearever one. I have the same one, biggest waste of money I have ever made. Even the lightweight Wilton ones work better.
I have been making cookies since I was about 9, I am 50 now, I can get good results with just about anything but I really don't like this cookie sheet at all. Water gets into the back of it, so you have to be careful when you wash it. It has a nice looking surface, but it doesn't heat up well or evenly and cookies take forever on it and still don't brown well. Hhmn, can you tell I don't like it? And it is way over-priced.
My absolute favourite cookie sheet of all times, hubby bought me this Christmas and I would highly recommend it for the absolute best most evenly cooked cookie results.
Cuisinart Classic Collection Non-Stick Bakeware
It is heavy gauge Steel. Mine is 17"X13" and it is an Open Sided Cookie Sheet. AMB-17CSC is the I.D. number. He got it at a specialty store that caters to commercial restaurants. I want to get 3 more of these because you should always make sure your cookie sheet is cool before placing cookie dough on it and I like to have 4 pans ready to go in as I make huge batches of cookies. It was quite expensive here in Canada, I think in the neighbourhood of about $27 CDN if I remember correctly.
Heehee, I don't often feel this strongly about something, but it is right up there with my Kitchen Aid mixer in terms of best products I have ever owned.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Sherryb Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much...I will be shopping this week-end for new ones.

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 9

I cookie sheets that I really like to bake with are made by Doughmakers.
They really brown the cookie great, and nothing sticks to them. When its time to wash them, just a little soap and water and you're done. A little more expensive, but worth the money.
I don't know if they sell these in the stores or not, I bought mine through Southern Living At Home. I noticed they do have a website. It's doughmakers.com

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 2:53pm
post #9 of 9

I have a few air bake cookie sheets - they are my favorites. I don't know what brand they are though. I think the sell 'em at Wal-Mart though - cheapie ones. Nothing browns well on these - they aren't supposed to. I am a stickler for unbrowned-on-the-bottom cookies. icon_lol.gif

As for timing... icon_rolleyes.gif I can never figure that one out. My oven is an ultra-bake and I have to reduce the temp whenever I bake. What a pain! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%