I Did It!! Start New Business

Decorating By soccermom17 Updated 30 Nov 2006 , 3:24pm by indydebi

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 12

Well, I did it!! I have officially started my own business! I just finished Course 2 by Wilton, and I know this is what I want. I always enjoyed doing it and I am good at it too. icon_biggrin.gif I met with a printer yesterday for cards, flyers, etc. I bought a bunch of stuff from a lady "going out of business" and she asked if she could give my name out. I said sure and she called me the same night with someone who might be in touch with me. Mind you, it wasn't for a cake, but I'm doing cakes, pies, tortes, cookies (now) and maybe petit fours. Well, the gal needing the cookies is someone I bowl with! Who knew! So she placed an order today for 5 dozen cookies, needed for tomorrow, and she even gave me a little extra for it being a rush job! I am on cloud 9! I feel like the richest woman on earth! She hasn't even tried my cookies, but really likes my cake. And a few ladies will be placing orders for cakes for birthday after the 1st of the year. One gal even said she wished she needed a cake for something she like mine so well!
Anyway, I'm just feeling so proud right now, I had to share.
And if you are thinking of doing it, GO FOR IT! thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 12

Big Congrats!!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 12

You GO girl. Congratulations. You will do well. Keep us posted.
June

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 12

Yeah! Congrats!!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 12

Congrats to you! Sounds like you are on you way. I know you feel great. It's a nice thing to be able to do what you love. Maybe one day it will happen for me.

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 12

That's great...you are showing us that want to do this that it can be done!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 12

that's awesome........I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see how wonderful your cakes and cookies and such are......do you have any photos???

NoviceBaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoviceBaker2 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 12

I want to wish you the best in your business maybe one day I will do the same you definitly have to keep us posted in between your orders! What kind of cookies are you making?

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:40pm
post #9 of 12

hooray! good for you!

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 12

Congratulations!!!! that's awesoem news! Good luck in ur endevour (spelled devour on purpose lol)

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 3:17pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks for all your wonderful words of encouragement! I just got a digital camera, so I need to figure out how to load onto the computer. I finished my order of cookies last night. She wanted basic chocolate chip and snickerdoodle. I'm leaving shortly to deliver them. My husband says I'm too hard on myself b/c I made him try a choc. chip and I wasn't happy with it, and I'm hoping my snickerdoodles aren't too hard. I tried to make them chewy. Anyway, I'm sure they'll be just fine. I'll keep you posted!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 12

soccermom, I know what you mean about the chocolate chip. I went thru I don't know how many recipes before I found the choc chip cookies I was willing to put my name on. Keep us posted on your great successes! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%