I Am Trying To Find Sugar Flower Class....

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 30 Nov 2006 , 1:20am by dogluvr

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 6

I am trying to find a sugar flower class here in Lou, ky. Anyone know of one? I really want to delve into this but I learn better hands on and seeing someone doing it really helps give me a realistic way to approach it. I'm not real sure where to call or even who to ask. So where do I go???? Well, to the place I've found my best and most practical advice and greatest advicees!!!! Here at CC.!!!!! icon_lol.gif icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 6

One of the other posts had this info:

The Missouri Chapter of ICES will be hosting a Weekend of Sharing on April 29-30, 2007 in St. Louis at the Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel.
There will be demonstrations by some of the most recognized artists in our industry, a night of sharing, large vendor area where you can shop, and thousands of dollars of NEW items in the Chinese Auction.
There is no extra charge for the demo's and the early bird registration fee is only 120.00.
In addition, on the Saturday before, B. Keith Ryder (President of ICES) will be teaching a pulled and blown sugar class, and for 4 days after the WOS Nicholas Lodge will be teaching 2 separate 2-day classes! (additional charge for these classes)
For more information and registration forms, go to www.pat-t-cakes.com
Demonstrators: Nicholas Lodge (both days) B. Keith Ryder, Carol Webb, Elzbieta Frys, Joe Bushnell, Mark Seaman, Kathy Scott, Lee Ann Hagel, Norman Davis, Steven Stellingwerf, Ruth Rickey, Vicky Harlen, and Janette Pholman.

I don't know how far that is for you. I plan on checking it out as St. Louis isn't too bad off a drive for me and my husband and I could make a vacation out of it. Plus, there's the vendors and demos that I think are great!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

bumpin this to try to get a more local alternative. I'd love to go to st.loui but it's not in the cards for me with a 2 year old and a 13 year old and a DH with his own business to run! icon_rolleyes.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 6

Norcross, Georgia isn't that far, I flew from one of Nic Lodge's classes to Louisville to visit a friend. Any class with Nic Lodge is worth the trip!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 6

Personal contact is best, but Nicholas Lodge's videos are exceptional. He is clear and precise and affordable. The roses in this photo are done using his "quick rose" technique.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=JoAnnB&cat=0&pos=3

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 1:20am
post #6 of 6

My friend is hosting a 2 day gumpaste class in Cleveland, Ohio. It is call Potpourri Of Posies Class and the instructor is Jennifer Dontz. You can check out her website sugardelites.com. If anyone is interested, please let me know........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%