Kitchen Cake

Decorating By chocoladax Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 8:02pm by chovest

chocoladax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocoladax Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time to post, but I've been lurking around for quite a while.
I love this site, lots of friendly, talented people; lots of things to learn from one another. Keep up the good work!

My friend and her fiance would like to have a topsy-turvy wedding cake.
Since there will be 250 guests, and I haven't done such a huge cake especially with this style, I am planning to suggest to them to have a kitchen cake in addition to the main cake.

If the main cake would be covered by fondant, should the kitchen cake be covered the same, and should it have the same decorations as what the main cake would have?

TIA,
chocx

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to cake central. the kitchen cake does not need any decorations and can be done in just buttercream (cheaper) as long as the bride agrees to that plan.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 4

I have always done my kitchen cakes in just basic buttercream with borders and nothing more.

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 4

Most of the kitchen cakes I've seen have been done in BC and have simple decorations to match the color scheme of the wedding cake. I must add that the wedding cakes were all very traditional though (white BC with some colored floral accents.) For our wedding (300 guests) we had our tiered cake, then opted to have matching round cakes displayed around the tiered one. It was more expensive than the sheet cakes or kitchen cakes, but we were ok with that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%