Cookie Decorating

Decorating By tdavis Updated 28 Nov 2006 , 8:01pm by KHalstead

tdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdavis Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 3

Hello All,
I am going to have a cookie decorating party for my 5 yr old daughter and 8 of her neighborhood friends. I was thinking about the traditional sugar cookie and decorating with royal icing but...I wanted the girls to be able to take the cookies home that day and royal icing needs at least 2 hours to dry/ harden.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for decorating cookies?
I will have all the cookies baked and ready to go for the girls because the party is only 2 hours long.
I also thought about baking 8 small Christmas tree cakes and letting them decorate those with candy and icing.

2 replies
mimi4gsus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi4gsus Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 3

I would get lg. pizza boxes or something like that to let them take them home in. We did this with some of our 4-H Clover kids and they totally loved it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 3

wilton makes those fondant icing writers and they work really well!!! Basically it comes out like royal but dries in like 10 minutes and dries not REALLY hard but stiff enough to stack them and so forth without them messing up......basically it dries into fondant!! I used them on my dracula cookies for the red on the mouths and you would NEVER know they weren't royal......and also I did all the white accents on my baby shower onesie cookies with the fondant icing writers. Much easier for a bunch of kids too than having to worry about making a million different colors.......and then putting them all into piping bags and hoping they don't squirt out the back when the kids use them lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%