Big Loser Challenge, Before And After Pics!! Are You Game?

Lounge By Pootchi Updated 11 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm by crislen

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:36am
post #1 of 78

Hi everyone! I decided to do a "biggest loser" challenge. During the season of the tv show, I'll promise to give my 100% to lose weight and get in shape! I decided to post a before pic (it was taken the week before the show started) and I'll post another after the season ends.
So my start up weight on the first episode was :
208 pounds. I forgot to take my measurements, but on my wieght-in later on, I'll take the time to take them....

Anyone else game to take the challenge?
LL

77 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:45am
post #2 of 78

I have just done this myself!!!!! Wish I could've seen this before I had to do it!
this is me at start weight and highest weight. 250lbs.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/crescendosgurl/sc0049dfd9.jpg

this is me at 129 so I 've got 8 more pounds till my goal weight. I am only 5 foot 3 so I cant hold much without being miserable!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/crescendosgurl/tuesday6-06-1.jpg

Pootchi Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 78

2sdae WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to you!!! I'm 5 foot 3 too! You give me hope!
I did my weigh-in this morning:
203 pounds
hips: 48 inches
waist:36½ inches
breast:42 inches
Keep it up!!!

2sdae Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 78

It's actually harder now for me! icon_rolleyes.gif
I keep getting those thoughts that I've done so good one day of munchin on what I want wont hurt. icon_confused.gif
UM, yeah it does. You just have to maintain your new eating and exercise habits same as you would any other life change.
And loosing weight does just that, changes your life. thumbs_up.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 78

Sitting here right now trying to get up the courage for this. icon_cool.gif
Right now, I'm feeling old (54), fat (160-somethingalot-lent my scale to my daughter), and miserable icon_redface.gif I'm only 5-even, so I look like a WEEBLE icon_cry.gif

Holy Smokes 2sdae- icon_eek.gifCongratulations!

Pootchi, best of luck to you...

I'll get back to you on this, sigh.

Kathy

2sdae Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 78

You guys should check out this thread, this is the one I started in dec last year with a couple of girls just like us doing the same kinda thing. There are several ages, weight ranges and just all around wonderful ladies who are supportive like no others I have ever found.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5426883-.html#5426883

Pootchi Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 78

2sdae I went to your thread also to day!
I guess I can use all the support I can get!
I'll keep this thread for pics and all! Everyone feel free to post your before pics!
I'll get another pic at the end of the "biggest loser" season. After that I'll set another goal.
If I can weigh in at 185 pounds after this season that'll be nice. That would be a great start!

2sdae Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:14pm
post #8 of 78

We can all use all the support we can get as well as learning tips and helpful hints.
That's why I posted it. But I will be checking back here and I will also post my pics when I hit my mark!

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:15pm
post #9 of 78

Hi guys
I want in, there is another weight loss thread (other than 2sdae's) but it has died down some. I will post a pic tonight, at work at the moment. Perhaps if I show what I look like on here it will motivate me more becaues I want to post some kind of improvement picture at the end. I will post my particulars when I post the pic.

Karate Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:16pm
post #10 of 78

OH and 2sdae HEAVENS you did good!!!!!

Want to share any tips?

Pootchi Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:41pm
post #11 of 78

Welcome Karate!!!!
I'm really ready this time! and if I can motivate a few others with me well that's even better!!
I'm tired of being out of shape! I want to do stuff with my kids and not be out of breath! I want to feel good about myself!
I'm 33 but look like I'm 40! I want to look at least like my age!
I tried to make everyone else around me more fat so I could look thinner, but didn't work either icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

2sdae Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 78

I cannot stress enough that I did not follow a plan. I started off pretty strict to change up my metabolism and body and what it expects me to eat.

I stopped all sodas first as well as no fried foods, I did not eat out at all. I ate no breaded stuff either. I cut way back on portions and upped my veggies a lot too. I ate a lot of raw veggies and fruits, if I cooked them I steamed them to keep from turning them to un-nutritious much...yuck!
I eat a lot of fish, ground turkey, and chicken breast no skin or bone too.
I also stopped all sweets<before I used to cake!>
I made sure every day I drank 10 8 oz. glasses of water. I have to use crystal light for this! I am not a big fan of water by itself.
I started walking 1 mile a day then 2x a day. <usually 5 to 7 times a week.
I took over all the yard work at my house too.

The first 3 months were hardest to me, just the over all change in my habits and making myself cook the good stuff instead of wimping out for quick fast food. Rolling Eyes

I also had to stop my diet for awhile due to during that time I got pregnant with my youngest! So that was a set back but then afterwards I had another reason to look at loosing the weight, BABY FAT!
And not the cute chubby cheeks on my kid either!
More like the flabby jello-giggler look of mommy's thighs and protruding belly rolls!

Man that'll motivate ya....I hated walking and feeling all that moving around me...I felt I got swallowed by a fat me and I was slowly being crowded out!!!!

Pootchi Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:22pm
post #13 of 78

OK! I'm the only one with my picture up in here... I'll keep this post up anyways because I'm doing it for me! I'm still going to post in 2sdae thread, But I want to keep this one going.
Feel free to post pictures everyone, anytime! Sometimes being to see us the way we really are is the boost we need to keep going. It's when I'm looking at my pictures that I feel fat, otherwise I can't feel it.
Good luck everyone!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:58pm
post #14 of 78

Pootchi....I'm not brave enough to post my photo, but I will cheer for you!!

2sdae....Holy cow you did good! You are an inspiration to many!

My husband has been trying to lose his post-wedding weight (we both gained weight after getting married 5 years ago) and he dropped 20 pounds quickly. I think men have an advantage though, and he works construction, so he gets a lot of exercise on the job. His weakness is junk food at the gas station or fast food (often forgets his lunch and eats whatever he can find close to work) and beer. icon_smile.gif Getting quick meals on the dinner table that weren't healthy is what got to me. I'm not good at planning ahead and hubby would just pick something up on the way home. Bad, bad, bad!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:02pm
post #15 of 78

I'll see if I can find one. I am usually the one taking the pictures and hiding from anyone else taking a picture!! I started WW in April and have lost 18 lbs! It has taken a LONG time!!! Sometimes I get discuraged but I have to just concentrate on the fact that I am "losing" and not gaining anymore. Michelle I am in the same boat as you! Not planning well and then asking hubby to bring something home on his way. Talk to you all soon and thanks for starting this thread!!!

Karate Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:36pm
post #16 of 78

Pootchie
sorry I forgot to take the pic last night. I got home, worked out, took a quick shower, then it was time to help with dinner. It slipped my mind. I told my roommate that she is to take a pic of me tonight and my measurements, I dont get to say no. she will make sure I get it done!!!

2sdae Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:39pm
post #17 of 78

Hey girls! I am so pumped about posting on this thread too! Loads more people to meet and keep encouraging as well as keep getting support!
It really helps to "talk" with others going through the same things too. Together we can be fat loosers for sure! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:39pm
post #18 of 78

Anyone knows when the season of the biggest loser actually ends? I want to project myself, and see what other goal I should take, but I don't know when it's going to be! I want to know how many weeks there is!

2sdae Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:46pm
post #19 of 78

you know I havent heard either...hhhhmmmm, we'll have to see if we can find out.

Karate Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:50pm
post #20 of 78

OK Pootchie
I am closer to posting the pic. I had one taken when I got home last night, but then wanted to work out right away before I got lazy. Then I promptly forgot about it until this morning. It is actually a step forward for me to have ad the pic taken, I have been "doing" that for months. Now that it is done I can print on put on my fridge and pantry door. I have a pair of pants haning on my closet door that I want to fit back into. Anyway, by the end of the weekend I will have the pic up. Now off to the other thread to post my measurements, yep got those done last night too, and again that is quite a step ahead for me, that has been in the "works" for months. I just didn't want to see those numbers!!!

2sdae Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:55pm
post #21 of 78

YAY FOR KARATE!!! icon_biggrin.gif
POOTCHIE gave up her #s as well and we are all the better for it! It's ok to see those #s we all start some where right? So those are your "old" #s we are working our fat cells off to get to the next new numbers!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:24pm
post #22 of 78

Ok I've found out on the website that the season finale will be held "sometime in december" Between the 6th and 20th. That's a start.....

Karate Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:34pm
post #23 of 78

ooohhh gives us at least 2 1/2 months. I should see some kind of change in that time!

2sdae Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:41pm
post #24 of 78

woohooo! That gives me time to loose my last 5 pounds and keep it off for a month, that is the true lessoned learned, before the end of the show!!!! thumbs_up.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:52pm
post #25 of 78

I don't have any pictures but I went to the doctor on Monday and their scale said 230 icon_eek.gif That's almost as much as I weighed before my 3rd son was born! I was 140 before getting pregnant with the first so I guess that means I could stand to lose about 90 lbs!!

I don't know how long this show lasts (don't watch much tv) but I've just started dieting the other day. I'm not one to take all the measurements but just pay attention to the scale and how my clothes fit. I'm in an 18 right now (was a size 10 way back when). I would just be happy being back down to around 160 or so and size 12-14.

LaSombra Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:55pm
post #26 of 78

btw, 2sdae you look awesome!!! don't even look like the same person icon_surprised.gif

oh, and I have a question for those who have lost alot of weight. Did you have extra skin to worry about? My mom lost alot of weight once and had extra skin on her butt and it was weird...does that happen with everyone or does it go away or what??

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:06pm
post #27 of 78

I think if you lose alot of weight real fast and don't exerise that happens.

LaSombra Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:17pm
post #28 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksgirl

I think if you lose alot of weight real fast and don't exerise that happens.

maybe also because she was older? Well, I guess in her mid-40s isn't that old, is it? It's been a while now. She was exercising but yeah, she lost it pretty fast.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:33pm
post #29 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

oh, and I have a question for those who have lost alot of weight. Did you have extra skin to worry about? My mom lost alot of weight once and had extra skin on her butt and it was weird...does that happen with everyone or does it go away or what??

I think it depends on a few factors. If you lose weight at a fast pass you aren't giving your skin time to shrink down. Also it does depends on the elasticisty of your skin as well, which will vary from person to person.

LaSombra Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:57pm
post #30 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

I think it depends on a few factors. If you lose weight at a fast pass you aren't giving your skin time to shrink down. Also it does depends on the elasticisty of your skin as well, which will vary from person to person.

I'm a little worried about my tummy because it's already a little loose from where the babies were in there and I've got quite a few stretch marks. I guess I'd rather have loose skin than have fat though. The skin can be covered up icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%