Quick Question About Renting A Kitchen

Business By Cowcakes Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 3:06pm by Cowcakes

Cowcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cowcakes Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 6

Hello!

I found a nice kitchen facility for rent. The problem is that they want to charge $25 per hour plus extra to store stuff there. Is this fair? How much should I expect to pay?

5 replies
albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 6

It just depends on your area. That seems high to me, but if they aren't making you commit to a certain number of hours and paying a monthly rental amount, then the flexibility may be worth it. You just need to see how paying that rent affects your bottom line and what you need to charge your customers. I've seen $15-20 in my area, but that's because I'd actually pay a monthly committment of $350-$800, for a certain number of hours.

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 6

I bet I know which facility she's talking about...I do recall him saying their is minium of 4 hrs minimum and $200 per month for storage. I looked into this but the facility did meet my needs for the amount they are asking. I needed more refrigeration,oven space, secured storage. For $25 an hr I rather spend it on a well equipped kitchen like a caters' kitchen.

Cowcakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 6

Yep, it sounds like the same place. He did mention that he has limited fridge space. I'll keep searching. Does anyone have any advice on how to find a kitchen for rent in Atlanta?

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 6

Cowcakes, aren't you working with a caterer? I might have you confused with someone else. I would ask if you could use their facility.

Cowcakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 6

I do work for a caterer but the arrangement doesn't seem to be working out and I get the feeling that my boss is trying to discourage me. It is frustrating because her kitchen is very convenient and well equipped. You can read all about my dilemma in my earlier post, if you want. I could definitely use some advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%