Something Horrible Has Happened

Lounge By debbie2881 Updated 28 Nov 2006 , 6:26pm by Bettycrockermommy

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 15

i get sick at the thought of cake!!!! I found out a few weeks ago that i'm pregnant, almost 2 months and i cant even look at cake. How horrible is that? I guess i'll be taking a break for a bit. Its sad because DS 3rd bday is this sunday and i have to make him a thomas cake. I'll have to work thru it because i couldnt do that to him, i have to make his special cake. I just wanted to share my sad story.

14 replies
Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 15

I don't that this is so horrible or a sad story. Children are a blessing. Do the cake in stages. Cheer you will be fine....

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 15

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!

But sorry for the no cake thing!!! Hope it'll be fine soon!!

Connie1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Connie1960 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 15

Congrats!!! What a wonderful little blessing you'll be having. So sorry that cake makes you sick, but maybe in a month or so you'll feel better. Good luck on doing your 3 yr. olds cake.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 15

Hang in there! If you're feeling sick to your stomach, try peppermint. The little round red and white ones were sooo soothing when I was pregnant!

If you're making a Thomas cake, check out my new tutorial... http://thomasthetankenginecake.blogspot.com/. I'm still working on it, but it's mostly done.

I wish you the best and congrats!
Wendy

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 15

Congrats on the new addition Debbie!!! That's wonderful!! About the cakes -- make DS his special cake then get yourself a styrofoam dummy, paint it with acrylic paint, wrap it in plastic wrap, make yourself a batch of decorator icing (and leave out the Vanilla) and just decorate the dummy with the tasteless icing for practice until you are yourself again to stay in practice. Another option -- flip a cake pan over and decorate it!! icon_smile.gif

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 15

Congradulations on the baby sorry to hear that cakes make you sick. LOL good luck with the cake though.

debbie2881 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 15

thanks everyone. I'm in no way sad about the pregnancy we started trying when DS#2 turned 1 and got pregnant pretty quick icon_smile.gif. The horrible part was getting sick from thinking of cake icon_sad.gif. I was thinking of decorating the cake pan but what if he wants cake, he likes the frosting more but i just never know when he's going to want some cake. I'll see how it goes but if i cant deal then i'll decorate the pan.

thanks for the tutorial wendysue.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 10:22pm
post #9 of 15

Well Debbie, cheer up! Twenty eight odd years ago, I had to stop decorating cakes too! I LOVED it! But even the thought of buttercream made me "hurl"! LOL After the TWINS were born....I didn't have time to decorate but am now back at it. Ummmm! Now THAT's a thought! Does "Buttercream Sickness" = Twins?

Good luck with your new addition and Happy Birthday to your 3 year old! Enjoy yourself...read decorating books and practice with toothpaste if you have to!

Beth in KY

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 11:02pm
post #10 of 15

Be stong, there is always a light ant the end of the tunnel...

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 11:20pm
post #11 of 15

Congratulations Debbie!!! Really sorry about the cake thing. Although, I wish I could get sick from cake for a little while, might lose some weight then!! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 12:04am
post #12 of 15

how sad that the smell of cake makes you sick, I just till the last 2 weeks of my 1st pregnancy the smell of chocolate made me sick, and I love chocolate icon_cry.gif Congrats on the pregnancy, a new little one to cuddle and love icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

debbie2881 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 5:03pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethola

Ummmm! Now THAT's a thought! Does "Buttercream Sickness" = Twins?

thats so funny that you say that because i've been feeling extra huge for only being close to 2 mo and been eating non-stop. I joked to dh that its either twins or a girl because i wasnt like this with my boys. I have my 1st doc appt today so we'll find out if its 1 or 2 in here.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 5:25pm
post #14 of 15

Congratulations on the new little one and HBD to your 3 year old!

Could you possibly wear one of those allergy masks while you bake and decorate? Just an idea.

I'm like a couple of the others, and wish I could develop an aversion to cake, ice cream, chocolate, all those good things!

Take care of yourself. Janice

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 6:26pm
post #15 of 15

Congrats Debbie on your new little one. I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy. I wish I had some advice for you on the "cake sickness". Maybe the mask would help you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%