Cakeboss- Nothing But Problems!!

Business By izzybee Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 2:22am by maryjsgirl

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:57am
post #1 of 5

I purchased Cakeboss as soon as it was available. It was great right out of the box, but as soon as they started adding more features I started having problems. It constantly crashes when I'm inputting! I have contacted them about the problem, and they keep saying it is on my end! Bulloney! I just downloaded the latest version which you are prompted to do everytime you open the program and their is a new version available. Well now I can't open anything! Again, the error message says something to do with the database! I really need this kind of software, so I am hesitant about cancelling and demanding my money back.

So what I am asking is, does anyone out there know of another software program that tracks orders, figures costs, recipes, ingredients, customers, etc.? I have spent at least 100 hours inputting information into CakeBoss, and if will be so incredibly angry if I lose that information due to problems with the developers.

Please help!

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:04am
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure there is another product like Cake Boss!! I would continue to contact the people in charge, it's not like them to let a problem go unattended to!!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:09am
post #3 of 5

izzybee, if you could please email me directly at [email protected] , we are available to address your problem. We are committed to solving any user problems to the best of our ability as long as users work with us and stay in communication.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:14am
post #4 of 5

izzybee --

I too had problems with CakeBoss and really believed it was a bad program, but it just couldn't be fixed. I truly believed at the time that it was not my computer. Then we got a new computer and I discovered it really was on my end!!!! I now have no problems at all. I do not have a single complaint. Even when I thought the problem was with Cakeboss, kelly was nothing but helpful and tried constantly to help me. Definitely contact her directly.

My "computer guy" explained that it was probably a problem with the Microsoft updates, as this program relies heavily on them apparently.

Good luck to you!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:22am
post #5 of 5

How are you for certain that it's not on your end? I have had programs stop working due to random things like spyware, viruses, computer updates, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%