Bowling Ideas?

Decorating By _ruby_ Updated 15 Feb 2013 , 1:23am by ghasan887

_ruby_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_ruby_ Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:53am
post #1 of 13

Looking for pictures of bowling themed cakes. Any site ideas? I'm looking for something unique. I did check the gallery here.

12 replies
SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 13

I'm kind of looking for idea's too. My dtr wants a bowling themed party for Sunday so I'll start working on the cake later this week. Hopefully someone will come along with some ideas for us icon_smile.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:01am
post #3 of 13

Is it for a child or an adult? I recently did a cake for a boy going to college. It depicted a bowling lane with the ball in the gutter ... it said "Get your mind out of the gutter and into the books!"

SheilaF Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 6:32am
post #4 of 13

well, mine is for an 11 year old girl, so the quote wouldn't go well for mine. But a bowling lane might work.

LittleLinda Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:10am
post #5 of 13

Here's one I did of a bowling lane. I made the balls and pins out of rolled buttercream. Here in Mass, we have Candlepin bowling. The pins and balls are smaller than ten-pin bowling.
http://www.winkflash.com/photo/photozoom.aspx?m=149155682&ic=4005914

SheilaF Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 13

THe link doesn't work. Says I need to register?

LittleLinda Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:48am
post #7 of 13

I tried to shrink it because it doesn't fit here on cc for some reason. I'm trying to upload it
... if it doesn't work (and you really care to see it), go to the link below my signature line and pick the "sports" album. You'll see thumbnails of several cakes. Click on the one that looks like a bowling lane.

SheilaF Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:37am
post #8 of 13

Wow, you do a lot of cakes!

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 9:00pm
post #9 of 13

I would mold a some pins and a bowling ball crashing into them out of rice crispies covering in fondant or BC. Place on top of a sheet cake decorated to look like a lane - or plain with some writing or make a score card with the final score as the __ th birthday (would be a really low score - funny!)

Sorry no pictures - just my imagination!

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:45pm
post #10 of 13

Haha... I was JUST looking at this other thread:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5454723.html#5454723

myholidayboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myholidayboyz Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:34am
post #11 of 13

My husband and I recently made a bowling themed cake for a friend's sons birthday.

bowling cake

The pins were made using the 3D Egg pan. We trimmed it a bit, then used rice krispy treats for the tops. It was a huge hit. icon_smile.gif

SheilaF Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 11:18pm
post #12 of 13

I decided to go with the sugar cookie idea for bowling pins and used a huge cake ball (since I was making a bunch that day anyway) for the bowling ball. She loved it. Hope you all find the designs you're looking for too! (posted mine in my photos in case anyone wants to see it).

ghasan887 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ghasan887 Posted 15 Feb 2013 , 1:23am
post #13 of 13

Amyholidayboyz how did you make the ball and the tye dye effect

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%