Rolled Buttercream Or Mmf On Cookies?

Baking By jdelectables Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 12:56pm by cambo

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:42am
post #1 of 10

Okay, I know this has been talked about before but I wanted to get opinions again. Any new thoughts (or old!) on which is better? Texture-wise? Taste-wise? Etc???
When I use RBC on my cookies, I have to pop them in the freezer before I am able to pick them up and place them on the cookies. This is a pain!

Julie

9 replies
nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 4:06am
post #2 of 10

definitelt RBC! i used MMF for the first time on cookies a few weeks ago and did not care for the tste or texture. i made RBC (chocolate) for the first time tonight and LOVED it! i thought it was horribly to work with, until i rolled it in more PS... much easir to work with. and i couldn't stop eating it. i have a ton left in the fridge that i will probably be putting on cookies this week.

HTH!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 10

I am a RBC gal all the way!!! It does get some getting used to, but the taste is worth it.

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:30pm
post #4 of 10

Ladies do you use the recipe on this site for Rolled buttercream in the recipe section or do have a recipe that you prefer and works better, TIA

nikki1201 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 10

I use the recipe from here. it was pretty easy, tastes great. (well, i've only made chocolate!)

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 10

How much more powdered sugar do you roll it in?

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 10

what is rolled buttercream

nikki1201 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 10

search for rolled buttercream in the recipes, and it should come up.

jdelectables, i rolled about a two inch ball in my hands, ripped it in PS that i had in a bowl, kneaded it until it was combined again, rolled it in PS again, then rolled it in my hands again until most of the PS was absorbed. there were white spots at first, but after a few minutes, the oil had absorbed it all already! the choc. roses in my photos are what i made with it. I will definitely use it again!

hope i explained it well!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 10:56pm
post #9 of 10

I just sprinkle powdered sugar on the table-like flour when rolling out cookies.
This is the recipe I use:
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=85887&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:56pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegal

I just sprinkle powdered sugar on the table-like flour when rolling out cookies.
This is the recipe I use:
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=85887&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Hey yankeegal....it's me, Cammie (cami5271) from Wilton! Thanks so much for posting the link to the thread at Wilton! I was going to do the same thing! I wanted to add that you can add all kinds of flavorings....I recently tried some Creme Bouquet, Princess and Creme Royal flavoring in my rolled buttercream, it's delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%