Mmf

Decorating By dynee Updated 29 Nov 2006 , 1:57am by superstar

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 3

O! MY GOSH!! Why didn't someone tell me how easy the regular MMF is?
I have always made the "Easy" MMF with the marshmallow creme because it was,well ..."Easy". Then I wanted to make some snowflake cookies, and wanted to cut the icing out of fondant and had no marshmallow creme so I tried the regular. I microwaved the marshmallows until they would all melt, but still fluffy. I did like the recipe said and added half of the powdered sugar and then kneaded in the rest a little at a time until it was not sticky and let it rest overnight.
It is a dream to work with. I didn't try to cover a cake or anything, but I could roll it out very thin for cookies without it breaking. I used 1/2 seived apricot jam and 1/2 apple jelly with a little water to "glue" it on with, then when that was dry, then brushed on some water and sprinkled on clear sugar crystals and they were beautiful. I sent them to my friend so have none to take pictures of, but I'll make some more.
Another added benefit to the MMF, it DRIES. The easy recipe never dried so I had to use some GUM-Tex which I hate. I wanted to make a snowflake cake for Christmas and was planning to use the cookies on top the cake but just for a lark cut out a snowflake and just let it dry and this morning, it is perfect very thin and I can't wait to add the sugar.

2 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 3

So glad you discovered MMF! Isn't it wonderful!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 1:57am
post #3 of 3

MMF is really great. I love it & I thank CC for teaching me about it. So wonderful to have a cake family that shares.
June

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%