Where Do You Get Your Avatars?

Decorating By khs1030 Updated 1 Aug 2005 , 3:14pm by SweetCaramel

khs1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khs1030 Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 15

Everyone has such cute avatars with their names--where do you get them? The avatar choices available in my profile are just different smiley faces. Thanks.

Karin

14 replies
Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 15

Go to google.com and do an image search.

http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q=

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 15

You could also type in keywords "animated images"...I am sure you will find one that you like!
traci icon_smile.gif

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 3:45am
post #4 of 15

I just finished making my own, and I'm so happy with it! I photo-shopped two clip-art images from microsoft.com.

It took a ridiculously long time, but it was fun! If you can't find the perfect one out there, just make your own!

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 3:47am
post #5 of 15

I just made one from a photo I took of something I made... you can do whatever you want, be creative!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 3:48am
post #6 of 15

APCakes, that is soooo cute!!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:05am
post #7 of 15

TC your avatar is soooooo you! lol

traci Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:17am
post #8 of 15

APcakes...that one is really cute! TC...that one is perfect for you!!! I love turtles too! My kids had a box turtle for a pet and I did not want to let him go because I felt like he was good luck! We let him go in the flower bed where we moved...Anyway, everytime I see your avatar...I think of that turtle! icon_razz.gif
traci

APCakes Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:34am
post #9 of 15

Hey, thanks! I'm happy you like it too! icon_smile.gif
I love seeing each person's avatar, especially when they're unique - I'd love to hear the story behind some of them.

Here's my little story, just for fun: my name is April, and my family called me "Apey" as a little girl. (I know, not very flattering, but it was a term of endearment, so it's okay with me...) Now my little boy's name is Patrick, so I thought "Apey" and AP would go together. And monkeys are some of my favorite creatures, because they are so fascinating to watch, and so smart, and I'm sure they would love to get their hands on some cake!

What about you all?

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:34am
post #10 of 15

I used a search engine and found so many it took me awhile to find one that was the right size (they have to be 6 KB or less) and then to pick the one I wanted.

APCakes Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:40am
post #11 of 15

Gma, very cute! I know, it was hard to make it fit in the 6kb requirement! Mine turned out a little fuzzy as a result, but oh well...

traci Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:55am
post #12 of 15

APcakes...that is a cute story behind yours! My daughter actually chose mine...she is a cheerleader. She has started playing volleyball...and wants me to change it to a "girly" volleyball player...however...she has not seen one that she likes yet!!! icon_razz.gif
traci

Rainbow_Moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow_Moon Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 10:01am
post #13 of 15

i just made mine after a few way too big file sizes. my username has been my username for everything since i started college when i was into the 'old-school' Rainbow Brite and the japanese anime Sailor Moon. I made this cool avatar to use my name and the pics of each, but it was 36k after all was said and done...bummer. so, i came up with the one at the left here.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 12:46pm
post #14 of 15

I do graphics and belong to several pixel groups...soooo I make all of mine...
cakegal

SweetCaramel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCaramel Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 3:14pm
post #15 of 15

I found mine at google search. Just liked it because it matched the name, and how I love carmel, especially on ice-cream, and ice-cream makes me think of cake...ummmmmm!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%