Help!! Can I Refrigerate Cake With Buttercream?

Decorating By Marcelita Updated 23 Sep 2007 , 4:33pm by jenlg

Marcelita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marcelita Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, i am so sorry to be asking this question, (especially since i read the post about the pet peeves icon_eek.gif ) but i have been trying to look for this in all of the forums and could not find anything. I KNOW it is there somewhere but my limited knowledege of computer usage is keeping me from finding anything. icon_redface.gif

Can I refrigerate my cake with the buttercream on tonight and add the fondant decorations tomorrow morning, or should I just leave the cake at rm temp? (carrot cake with cream cheese frosting)

Or should i just add frosting tomorrow am, wait for it to crust, then add decorations?

If I refrigerate my cake will the condensation affect the fondant decorations?

Thank you all SO much. thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 5

Yes you can refrigerate tonight. Don't worry about condensation. As long as your home is cool and not Hot, it will do fine. If you use creamcheese icing it does need to be refrigerated.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 5

The great thing about applying fondant decorations to a chilled cake is, you don't need to wet the decorations. They stick to the condensation!

Ditto everything rosita6882 said.

Marcelita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marcelita Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you so much Diane and Rosita. Your comments were very helpful. I will try to post a picture (remember, 'limited use of computer usage') of my first ever cake to sell icon_lol.gif

Hugs,
Marcela

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 5

I would put it in the fridge. Especially with the cream cheese frosting (homemade recipe anyways). jmo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%