Would Someone Please Tell Me...

Decorating By Zmama Updated 23 Nov 2006 , 5:56pm by Zmama

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:16am
post #1 of 15

to get off my butt and go bake?!?! The kids are gone for 3 days, y homework is all done till Friday, I have a laundry list of techniques I want to try, and here I sit on CC! Trying to get up the nerve to try some of the new things. Cheesecake, chocolate wraps, chocolate curls, cheesecake on a cake crust. All my Thanksgiving stuff is done, so I have no excuse.

Got all the time and ingredients, but not the ba!!5 tonight. Anyone else ever do this?

14 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:19am
post #2 of 15

all the time my dear...all the time!

(now if only I could also say.. all my homework & laundry and T-day was done!)

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:21am
post #3 of 15

Oh, heck yeah. What did you think, that you are the only person that ever felt this way? It's just your turn, my friend. How about this - savor the peace and quiet for another half hour, make yourself a cup of coffee with some of that flavored creamer you want to put into your cake mix or bc, and then get busy, okie dokie?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:23am
post #4 of 15

Well, sometimes it just feels good to chill out and do nothing but what YOU want to do. So if sitting at your computer with us is what you want to do then I say GO FOR IT!!!!

Zmama Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:38am
post #5 of 15

Okay, coffee first, you talked me into it!

If I am going to do this, it has to be tonight. Otherwise I wait 2 more weeks till the kids are gone again. I prefer them NOT to see Mom as a raving lunatic when new things are not turning out right.

Doug - I'm not hosting tomorrow, had the kids help earlier today to finish stuff up, and I actually WORKED ON my homework early, believe it or not.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:44am
post #6 of 15

Hey Z... sit on your fanny as long as you want!! I have been baking since 6 am, I have made one of EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN so far, and still have a cake to carve and decorate. (Crap, icing isn't even made!) On second thought, don't sit on your fanny... get it over to MY HOUSE RIGHT AWAY!!! icon_wink.gif God bless you, you've earned the break. Enjoy it!

Zmama Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 3:50am
post #7 of 15

Alright, Melvira - hold that cake for about 3 hours. 1am isn't too late to start, is it? But it would take twice as long, since you'd have to show me all MY techniques that I want to learn. Ready to make cheesecake? icon_lol.gif

Zmama Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 9:22am
post #8 of 15

I had to go bake! Site was down before my coffee got cold. Found out I had used all the white chocolate and not replaced, so the cheesecake idea went out the window. However, I had fresh pumpkin puree to use up, and made the pumpkin roll at http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-52657.html and it was AMAZING! Took it to MIL2B's house where they were up cooking, and we had a treat.

We sure get more done when the site is down, don't we?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 9:25am
post #9 of 15

That's too funny! CC had to break before you got your baking done. It's a wonder any of us get our baking done. I find myself on here more often lately, and that's not a good thing sometimes.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Zmama Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 9:26am
post #10 of 15

You too! It's 0330 and I must go to bed soon.

After I check a few more posts.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 1:48pm
post #11 of 15

I had to laugh last night when the site went down... I figured Doug read your post and really took you seriously!! hahahaha!! They are always here to help us reach our goals, aren't they? icon_wink.gif Anyway, glad that you got some stuff done! I got the turkey carved, assembled, and frosted, then went to bed. This morning I am going to airbrush it and decorate around it. Instead of decorating a cake board to look like a platter I actually put it on my Grandma's antique Turkey platter. It's my way of bringing her to the Holiday with me. (Miss her!!) I hope you all have a WONDERFUL turkey day!!

Zmama Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 5:24pm
post #12 of 15

No, no, no! I meant that I usually don't plan my homework ahead, and this time I did. Sorry, DOUG! I know you can't help it... you have all those students who actually turn in homework, then you have to grade it, etc, etc... I'd never be a teacher, students drive me bonkers!!! I'm 28 and STILL argue with the teacher icon_lol.gif but now I win more.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 5:43pm
post #13 of 15

Happy Thanksgiving,
I got all my cakes done last night, don't have to bake anymore cakes until Saturday morning. Now it's TG day and I'm on CC. I look forward to little breaks but only a few days. After that I'm ready to bake and decorate again!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 5:47pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

No, no, no! I meant that I usually don't plan my homework ahead, and this time I did. Sorry, DOUG! I know you can't help it... you have all those students who actually turn in homework, then you have to grade it, etc, etc... I'd never be a teacher, students drive me bonkers!!! I'm 28 and STILL argue with the teacher icon_lol.gif but now I win more.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

hahahah...sometimes we just KNOW more than the teacher...bwaaaaaaaahahhaa!

especially when they are technically perfect but have no life experience!!! I can't believe that now chef instructors MUST have a MASTERS IN EDUCATION to teach!!! What happens to us ole timers with all the blood sweat and tears diploma from the school of GOOD OLE FASHION HARD WORK in the pits of the baking world? lol

Sigh!

Zmama Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 5:56pm
post #15 of 15

Hey, Doug, what grade do you teach again? Can me an her be in der? We *promise* not to argue with you or know more than you, really! :insert innocent face here:

We'll bring you CAKE and COOKIES plus you'll be entertained!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%