Blond Moment

Lounge By pinknlee Updated 27 Nov 2006 , 9:20pm by pinknlee

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 11

I set my kitchen sponge on fire in my Microwave. Now it has a horrible smell inside. I am hoping that I do not have to throw it away. Does anyone hae any ideas on how to make the yucky smell go away?

10 replies
Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 11

Are you talking about the smell in your microwave go away, so you do not have to throw it away?

Have you tried baking soda? Just set a box in there, with the door closed. It may work.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 11

Put some vinegar in a bowl in the microwave & either let it sit like that or turn the microwave on for about a minute to get it to boil & let it sit. Vinegar is the best thing to get smells out... especially smoke/burn smells~

pinknlee Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 11

Yes, I want the smell to go away not the microwave. icon_smile.gif

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 11

Mine went away after a lot of cleaning. But that was about it. My mom caught the plastic thing that sits on top of the food in order not to make a mess. She put the popcorn on top of that and caught the whole thing on fire.

Cinderella24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinderella24 Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 11

Lol. Has anyone seen, "Just Friends?" Anna Faris, who plays the Britney Spears-like pop star puts her aluminum wrapped meal (if I recall correctly) into the microwave. icon_lol.gif

It happens to the best of us! icon_wink.gif

pinknlee Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 11

I put a cup of used coffee grounds in a cup in there and microwaved it for 10 minutes and that helped a lot.

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 8:19pm
post #8 of 11

Ooo, I sterilized a sponge that way and did the same thing. What a horrible smell! Cleaning the microwave should help, but we had to really air the house out and I could still smell it for a couple of days.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 5:24am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknlee

I put a cup of used coffee grounds in a cup in there and microwaved it for 10 minutes and that helped a lot.

I used to work for a company that also owned their own trucking company. When we'd get a smelly load (dont' ask!), the drivers would empty cans of coffee grounds in the truck and let it sit overnight, then sweep it out the next day. Worked everytime!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 10:54am
post #10 of 11

Newspapers stuffed into a smelly refrigerator works to absorb odors, might work in the microwave as well. Janice

pinknlee Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 9:20pm
post #11 of 11

It is getting better I might try the newspapers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%