Gluten Free Cupcake Question

Decorating By Delartful Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 2:42am by Delartful

Delartful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delartful Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:23am
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I'm planning to make some Gluten Free Cupcakes on the weekend, and I have no idea how full to fill the cases. I know the standard is 2/3rds full, but since this has no rising agent in it, I'm clueless as to how full to fill.

It's going to be a fudgey chocolate cupcake with Almond meal, 10 eggs, sugar, cocoa, chocolate and lots of butter. So, no raising agent in it.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with how full to make them? I don't have enough almond meal to make another batch (that stuff is very pricey!!!)

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks,
Danni

6 replies
DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Danni,

Are you using the almond meal instead of 'flour'?

(sorry I don't know the answer to the rising agent question)

Debbie

Delartful Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Yep I am using Alondmeal in place of flour.

Does anyone else have any ideas that would help?
Thanks!
Danni

Cupcake_Kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcake_Kisses Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 7

hi! you can actually make a gluten free baking powder i'll just look up the recipe for you. I think it has cream of Tartar.
use equal parts of bicarb soda and cream of Tartar.
I made some Gluten free wedding cupcakes about a year ago. I used a Friand
recipe but added substituted some of the flour for rice flour and added bicarb and cream of Tartar and they turned out great. not as heavy as a friand.
when using straight almond meal as a base, it tends to be very heavy, so I would recommend using the GF raising agent.
hope this helps.
Marina

Delartful Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Marina - I actually like the sound of this recipe because it is heavy. It sounds lovely and moist and it stays fresh for a whole week apparently. Unfortunatly they didn't say how full to fill the liners in the recipe though. So, I'm at a loss about that.

I'd like to try it without any raising agent in it first to see what I think. I just don't want to under/over full the liners LOL
Danni

Cupcake_Kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcake_Kisses Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:15am
post #6 of 7

when I make friands at work they have no raising agent and I usually fill them 3/4 the way up, and the eggs in them will raise them just above the surface of the liner.

Delartful Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:42am
post #7 of 7

Thankyou so much - you're a great help!
Danni

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%