Winter Wedding

Lounge By Katie-Bug Updated 2 Oct 2007 , 2:36pm by Cookie_Brookie

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 9

I am planning a wedding for a friend. It will be December 1st. Anyone have any decorationing ideas, photos, suggestions..Anything???? thanks!

8 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 9

do you mean for their cake? If so I have a winter snowflake cake in my photo gallery if you would like to check it out ..

Katie-Bug Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 9

No, I mean I am trying to come up with ideas for the building and center pieces. She has already picked out the cake, she wants all white, plain with dark red roses lining it.
I am working right now on possible center pieces..not having much luck!
Thanks though, your snowflake cake is pretty and quite a bit out of my league!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 9

I have been to some lovely winter weddings..... some had simply decorated christmas trees in (like all in silver bows or all in gold)...etc........... one did a total snowflake theme (lots of white toile)....

I still think center pieces could be all floral, with the greenery being christmas pine or something of that nature.... I love poinsettias (sp) so those could also make pretty areas in the building (ie clustering them up together).

blmiller84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blmiller84 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 1:09am
post #5 of 9

I personally love the center pieces that are some type of glass bowl with a candle inside of it sitting on a mirror with flowers around it. If that makes any sense! It's hard to describe and I can't find a picture. I think I'm just terrible at doing web searches tonight!

this link has some pictures of the bowls I'm referring to:
http://www.surroundings.com/order.cgi?cart_id=%%cart_id%%&page=glassbowls.html

This one has some pictures of various styles of mirrors:
http://www.surroundings.com/order.cgi?cart_id=&page=accessoriesii.html#mF

You can usually get those items at a Pat Catan's or JoAnn store or a similar crafty store.

Since she likes red roses, you can somehow give them a snowy effect. I'm not really sure how that would be done, maybe dusting them with chunky white "snow" glitter? You can alternate table clothes red and white as well.

If you'd prefer not to have lit candles, you can buy candles and the little light bulb flames for them.

If I have any ideas or come across anything, I'll let you know. I'm sort of helping plan my brother's wedding right now, so I'm constantly thinking of weddings. Which is probably just thrilling to my boyfriend haha

Katie-Bug Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 3:35am
post #6 of 9

I met with the mother-of-the-bride and I was on the wrong page! It will be really cute and fun tough! She wants a Warm Winter Wedding Reception.

First on the invintation, we are asking that everyone bring a ornamanet, old, new, homemade, it doesn't matter. I am going to have a large tree as they come in the door to hang them on with a personalized note.

For the menu we are having a Country Ham and Potato Soup, Roasted Corn and Polish Sausage Bake, and a Biscuit Bar with all kinds of jams, jellies, butters and honey. We are a fire pit on the back porch with marshmellows and sticks for roasting. We are also having a carmel fountain with apples.

I'm still working on other ideas, but I think it will so much fun!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 9

that does sound like it will be a fun wedding, good luck with all of it!

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 9

I just got a catalog in the mail for a company called Terry's Village and they have some really cute country Christmas decorations, and are not super expensive. You could check them out. They have some adorable rustic jingle bell tealight holders that would be darling on tables. Here is the site.

http://www.terrysvillage.com/tvweb/application?namespace=search&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=button.search&Ntt=rustic+jingle+bell+tealight+holders&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0

Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 9

try www.orientaltrading.com they have a lot of great winter decorations for really cheap. We used them to buy some decorations for my grandma's winter themed b-day party last December.

I bought some of their snowflake ornaments and hung them from the ceiling with light blue ribbon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%