Please Help>>>Need Bc Football For Cupcakes

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 1:57pm by katwomen1up

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 3:30am
post #1 of 6

I have to make cupcakes with a football on top. Big foot ball to almost cover the Cupcake. What tip do I use or how do I do this? icon_confused.gif I thought this would be easy but it's not coming out right. icon_cry.gif Please help, need to have done tonight, order is for 6:30 A.M.

TIA,
Kat

5 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 3:38am
post #2 of 6

Is it soccer or american football?
If soccer base smooth ice in white bc, then just pipe a hexagon shape in small stars black in the middle, thin black lines going from each point to sides of cupcake and add a small black triangle at the end of each line.
For american football or rugby ball, base smooth ice the top of cupcake in appropriate colour then add a slightly darker or lighter line with the zipper effect with a round tip

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 3:50am
post #3 of 6

I like the previous posters idea.

I would ice the cupcake in a base colour then use a star tip to make the football shape (like with character/novelty cakes) and the a #3 to make the stitches.

katwomen1up Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 3:54am
post #4 of 6

Why didn't I think of doing it in stars and or the outline, Sometimes we just try to hard and it's an easy solution. You guy's are great!! It's an american football. Sorry I didn't even think of that.
thumbs_up.gif

Kat

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 4:01am
post #5 of 6

You're welcome, looking forward to seeing pics of your cupcakes

katwomen1up Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 6

The pictures didn't turn out and I didn't think to look at them before I delivered. Ugh... The Cupcakes didn't turn out to badly though.
Thanks for the help icon_biggrin.gif

Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%