Color Flow Question

Decorating By tabs8774 Updated 3 Aug 2005 , 1:28am by tabs8774

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 7

hi this is my first time using color flow and i'm a little nervous about it. i have already made the outlines but the mix was very thick so i couldn't fill in. i need to make another batch i know but should i follow the recipe exactly as the can says or should i just judge it by appearance? i need to do this asap to use on the cake on saturday. plzzz help

6 replies
tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 7

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember my instructor teaching us to make it as the instructions say and then thin it for the filling...but DON'T quote me on it! GOOD LUCK and I hope it isn't to late on letting it dry enough for Saturday!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 7

That's right tcrema - you just need to thin it to fill in. I used royal instead of colorflow on my flower cake (i just posted the cake) but it works the same way. Thick for the lines then thin it to fill in.

Debbie

tcrema Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 7

Glad to know I have a memory like that! It's been almost 3 years since I messed with color flow!

tabs8774 Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 1:51am
post #5 of 7

thank you both for your replies. i'm still waiting for them to dry as a matter of fact though. its my daughters bday tomorrow and the cake is for her. we were going to eat cake and ice cream tonight at her slumber party but we did lots of junk food and movies and we;ll just do the cake tomorrow(hopefully the color flow will be dry enough by then to use. but this is SC ad xtremely humid which is not helping hahaha) thanks again. i learned something on this cake which is always good later on the next cake,so ican't really complain. i post pics after i get it finished.

tcrema Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 10:00am
post #6 of 7

Can't wait to see the pictures! Hope it dries in time~Tammy

tabs8774 Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:28am
post #7 of 7

hey ya'll thanks to another post on this site i realized i could use royal icing as long as i didn't need a shiny surface. i was desperate and really didn't care and they turned out great!! so did the mmf on the same cake. it was the first time i had done either...i love the mmf!! i posted pics already hope ya'll like it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%