Ideas For A 22 Year Old And A 78 Year Old

Decorating By TPDC Updated 28 Nov 2006 , 6:23am by nglez09

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 9

Need a cake idea for a shared 22 year old and 78 year olds birthday cake. They are both of the male gender. Any ideas?

The inscription will say "Happy 22nd Birthday Tony and 78th Birthday to Grandpa O. All our love, your family".

Thank you!

8 replies
bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 9

How about the guys going fishing together. If they like that sort of thing, of course I am assuming that Tony is the Grandson.

TPDC Posted 21 Nov 2006 , 1:39am
post #3 of 9

Any other ideas? The fishing idea is great, but I already did a fishing cake for them this year. I talked to the woman and she said a combination fall and christmas. Any more ideas....

Anything?

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 21 Nov 2006 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 9

How about three cakes? One kind of middle-sized, with Happy Birthday on it...and then two small ones with each of their names and something pertaining just to them. I feel sorry for people who have to share birthdays with other people...and with holidays. Both my parents were born on holidays, and they NEVER got cakes that represented THEM...they were always holiday themed. Which is not to say they didn't enjoy them. I just always felt like they got cheated just a little.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Nov 2006 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 9

Maybe two cakes that are different but look complimentary. For example, if you want the fall look, do one in chocolate with fall leaves and one in Vanilla buttercream with fall leaves or those colors.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 9

I had to do this for a combined father/son birthday 10 and 40. I got pictures of both of them and did "scrapbook pages" on three different cakes (BIG party!) one for each, plus one of them together. You could just do one cake with pictures of both of them. You can check them out in my photos.

daisyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyblue Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 11:56pm
post #7 of 9

How about 2 cakes either stacked on top of one another, or side by side, that look like gift boxes? You could make fun, bright colored ribbons, bows & maybe little accents out of fondant. You could even cut up little pieces of fondant to scatter around the board to make it look like confetti.

TPDC Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 6:16am
post #8 of 9

Thank you for all the ideas. Well, I figured out what to do. It isn't my best cake, but it works. After talking with the customer she wanted it to be fall and christmas related. It is the one in my gallery with the pumpkins and snow.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 6:23am
post #9 of 9

Interesting how together they equal 100.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%