Is This Odd?

Decorating By lovinkakes Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 9:23pm by lovinkakes

lovinkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovinkakes Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making a 6,10,14 wedding cake and am concerned about the 6" mirror I was given to place under the topper. Does anyone think the top mirror should be smaller?

7 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 8

If you're bc'ing the cakes, then you'll probably add another inch to the diameter, so the mirror probably won't be edge to edge with the cake. Personally, I would try to get a smaller one if it would accommodate the topper, just to create a visual balance.

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 8

yes

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 8

Yes, even if you went with a 5 inch mirror- if you can find one- that would look better as long as the topper still fits on it.

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryl

Yes, even if you went with a 5 inch mirror- if you can find one- that would look better as long as the topper still fits on it.

Ditto. It should definitely be smaller.

lovinkakes Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, all. The bride provided me with the mirror, something like 2.99 but it looks like hobby lobby has the 5" on their website, hopefully it's in the stores. Anyway, will try to get that (the topper is 3"x2"). Otherwise, will take adven68 advice and emphasize that space I'll get with the icing. Thank you! Will post cake, I've been asking questions about other stuff too!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 8:10pm
post #7 of 8

If worse comes to worse, maybe you could bake 8" rounds and cut them down to 6.5" rounds. Just a suggestion.

lovinkakes Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 8

Parable, that IS a good suggestion.......! Hmmm, we'll have to see. I won't need to buy another mirror. That shouldn't be too hard.. Thanks. I guess what I'm hearing is that it is OK for the mirror to cover most of the top! I was thinking 3-4" for a 6" cake! but as long as I have 1/2 or so than that is OK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%