First "big" Wedding Cake This Weekend!

Decorating By llj68 Updated 28 Jul 2005 , 3:00pm by mommymarilyn

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 5

And I could use any "good luck" vibes you have. So far I'm mostly on schedule. Will finish baking today and make the bc. Probably ice cakes tonight and decorate tomorrow. Delivery Saturday morning when I will add the ribbon and flowers.

Sorry I've been scarce. We have to put our bird dog to sleep last Saturday--she was 14. We are still very sad.

OK--back to baking.

Lisa

4 replies
MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 5

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. 14 years is a long time to get attached!

Good luck with your cake, I'm sure that you will make a beautiful cake! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 5

I have looked at your cakes, and you do a wonderful job. I am sure you will do a great job on this one too. Good luck!

I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is hard to let them go.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry to hear about your dog too... I know what you mean, we've lost a few dogs too... And I have another one laying here at my feet.... Mr. Protector Dog...lol... he's 6yrs old.. soon to be 7...
I have a wedding cake to do in 2 wks....
I do like you're doing.. I love freshly baked cakes... but I'm going to try baking ahead and freezing one of these days... will take alot of stress out of the prep time...
Good luck ..looking forward to seeing pics of your cake!
cakegal

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 5

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! It's like losing a family member, I know. Our dog is getting very old and has some health problems, and I know when that time comes my husband will be devastated - he didn't want a dog when we got this one, so of course she became SOOOO attached to him, and him to her. She loves to go "bye-bye" with her "daddy"! Hang in there, and I'm sure your cake will be lovely - can't wait to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%