Its State And Regional Fair Season! - Cake Pics Anyone Else?

Decorating By loriana Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 4:40pm by cakesbybert

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:45am
post #1 of 14

Here is my entry to the Midsouth Fair in Memphis this year. I am so excited I just haaaaad to share my pic!!! (Please forgive me) This is my first stacked fondant cake so I was stoked it came out in one piece!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif [/img]
LL

13 replies
SueBuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueBuddy Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:49am
post #2 of 14

very cute cake! Let us know how you do! Here is mine, I got 2nd place out of 4 cakes, so not too bad, because, of course, I knew all the flaws and thought I could've done better!
LL

loriana Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:58am
post #3 of 14

OMG That is a real beauty Sue!!! Congrats on the win!

I won second place last year in the novice catagory. I thought I'd up it this year to "occasional baker" but I think there is a lot more competition in the novelty division.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:37am
post #4 of 14

My State Fair is coming up in October so I've still got a couple more weeks before I do my cake but I'm already excited about and will post a pic when it's done.

KimAZ

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:08am
post #5 of 14

Great cakes! loriana, you'll do great and SueBuddy...2nd? That cake is awesome! I love the way you did the different levels. Shoulda been a 1st! I only entered our county fair. I chickened out entering the state fair! I will next year though!! Well, unless I sprout feathers again! I did get a blue ribbon in the county fair, though! (It's the red car in my pics, I didn't post it here because it wasn't a state fair entry!)
Good Luck loriana! I'm anxious to see everyone else's pics!

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 14

Great cakes everyone & congrats! I entered two cakes at the Kansas State Fair this year - first time! The wedding cake division has a theme this year's theme was "Making Memories with Music". The bride and groom are 50/50 gp/fondant. Can't see in photo that there are pieces of sheet music laying by the groom with Annie's Song on it. The music around the cakes is the actual music for a guitar for Annie's Song. My other cake the jewerly box, shoe box, & dress box was entered in the Advance Adult division. I got First on both of these cakes.
LL
LL

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 14

absolutely gorgeous
all of them

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 14

littlegrahamcracker, I say both of you cakes at the state fair! They were both awesome!! I didn't realize that the wedding cake was yours, too! I was too busy just staring at it!! How did you do the music on the sides? Both cakes were absolutely gorgeous!!

cakesbybert Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:15pm
post #9 of 14

Thank you rcs

The music on the side is piped on with royal icing - VERY time consuming!! I just had the sheet music by me and just went note by note putting it on the cake.

Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:23pm
post #10 of 14

My fair pics are in my photos. I got Best of Show for my sandal cake. There weren't too many cakes overall so I was bound to get something after entering 3 cakes.

BTW, all your cakes are beautiful. I doubt I would get a ribbon at all if I was competing with you guys.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:30pm
post #11 of 14

There aren't nearly enough entries to satisfy me in Tennessee State Fair, but I took first in the novelty category. Theme-Honoring the 101st Airborne.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:31pm
post #12 of 14

Here is my entry into the Virginia State Fair Wedding Cake Competition
LL

loriana Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 14

Wow! Those are some gorgeous cakes. I am very very impressed icon_smile.gif !!

I won 2nd place in the Amateur catagory at the Mid-South fair. Next year Im a-gonna shoot for 1st thumbs_up.gif

cakesbybert Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:40pm
post #14 of 14

CoutureCakeCreations - what a beautiful cake

mgdqueen - great details - what great cake to honor our military

Elserj - cute sandals

Congrats everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%