Very Sad Right Now...prayers Needed

Lounge By Letmebeurdesignr Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 11:52pm by friendly

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:39am
post #1 of 34

Some of yall know of the little boy that i spoke of yesterday that is 12 years old that has been going to St. Jude. I asked about getting advice from yall on doing his Welcome Home cake. Well I got a message today from his mom and this is what it said. BTW...He was doing good before today...*** Real names are changed to protect the privacy***
----------------------------------
PORT IS IN---

GEORGE RECIEVED HIS PORT THIS MORNING .... AFTER THAT WE SPOKE WITH THE DR, EVERYTHING IS JUST CHANGED I MEAN WE ARE COMING HOME BUT ITS REALLY NOT HAPPY I GUESS YOU SAY.... I MEAN WE ARE GONNA TREASURE EVERY SINGLE MOMENT WITH GEORGE WE ARE GIVEN.... BUT THE TUMOR THAT HAS COME BACK IS CALLED GLIOBLASTOMA A GRADE 4 TUMOR, VERY CANCEROUS.... THE CHEMO DRUG HE IS ON TEMOZOLOMIDE IS NOT GUARENTEED TO CURE HIM, THEY ARE SAYING EVENTUALLY THIS TUMOR WILL TAKE OVER.... WE ARE BESIDE WORDS RIGHT NOW, HOW DO YOU TELL YOUR CHILD HE IS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIL LIFE???? GEORGE IS DOING GOOD, LOOKING GOOD, THIS CANCER IS KILLING HIM. I HAVE SO MUCH FAITH AND I AM PUTTING GEORGE IN GODS HANDS . WE WILL START HIS CHEMO ON FRIDAY AT HOME. THIS PARTICULAR TUMOR THAT HAS ACCURED IS NORMALLY FOUND IN ADULTS. SO THEREFORE HE IS ON EXPERIMENTAL. HIS ANC IS GOING TO DROP HE WILL LOSE HIS HAIR AND WILL NEED TRANSFUSIONS.... I AM JUST IN TEARS TO KNOW MY LIL MAN IS GOING THROUGH THIS, TEENAGERS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DOING FUN STUFF..... PLEASE PRAY FOR GOD TO WORK THROUGH THE DOCTORS AND HEAL MY BABY BOY..... GEORGE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD OF HIM, HE WANTS TO BE A DOCTOR AT ST JUDE HE WANTS TO HEAL LIL KIDS..... HE MAKES ME SO PROUD, AND MAKES ME HAVE SO MUCH STRENGTH, I LOOK UP TO HIM---MY HERO!!!!!

------------------------------------------

yall please pray for this family...they really need all the prayers they can get...i was litterally in tears when i read this...he was fine a few days ago..had his surgery and was doing good..but now...well...u can see from the message ....

Thanks yall...I am still going to be doing a cake for him..I was very good friends w/the mom in high school and are still friends today.

33 replies
infields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infields Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:42am
post #2 of 34

God bless him and his family.

hwhite0131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwhite0131 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:48am
post #3 of 34

I'll be praying for him and his family.

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:47am
post #4 of 34

I will pray for him

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:00am
post #5 of 34

please pass on that me and my mom (the prayer warrior) will be praying for your friend and family. May the good Lord be with them now and always.

Amen and Amen.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:25am
post #6 of 34

Thank yall for the prayers. It means alot and I will be sure to pass the information along to my friend. I hope he pulls through. He is a great kid. God works wonders and I pray that he will work wonders on this child.

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 34

I will be praying for him. The Lord says that were 2 or more are gathered together anything is possible. I will have my lifegroup at church pray for him also.

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 34

I'm so sorry this has happened and I will definitely keep him and his family in my prayers. I have a very very good friend who died of this exact type of cancer and it truly is very brutal. It came on very suddenly with migraines and a year later he was gone. Very young also...I will be thinking of all of you!

Tammi

Joy2501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joy2501 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:12pm
post #9 of 34

I also have had a friend die of this tumour. He fought it for 5 years though. Have you heard of the caringbridge website? You may want to tell your friend about it. It is a wonderful way to update everyone on a loved ones condition and to request prayers etc.

ptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptain Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:23pm
post #10 of 34

I will also be praying for him and his family...

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:27pm
post #11 of 34

God's Blessings on the young man and his family
and Jesus be with him to hold his hand.

GLEIGH75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLEIGH75 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:27pm
post #12 of 34

Our thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family. I would also highly recommend the caringbridge website. It's wonderful and a great way to reach out to others with cancer.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:29pm
post #13 of 34

Holy Father, please hear our prayers for this child. In Jesus' name we pray, AMEN.

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:35pm
post #14 of 34

He is in my thoughts and prayers.

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm
post #15 of 34

I pray that God works a miracle through him so he can be a testimony to his patiens in the future.
BLESSINGS

sheila06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheila06 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:40pm
post #16 of 34

Bless his little heart !! I will definetly be praying for hinm and his family. Also I teach the youth at my church and we would be very happy to send cards or do something special for this young man, pm me if there is anything we can do to lift his spirits some. Our youth is also going to take a trip to St Judes in the next few months to visit the children there. That is a wonderful hospital and so many precious children that are going through something that some of us adults can't even begin to imagine. It shouldn't be this way but our God knows what He is doing and from every circumstance comes a blessing in some form. God Bless you all.

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:48pm
post #17 of 34

He will be in my prayers, too. God can do wonderful things. Our preacher
told a true story last Sunday about someone who had a hole in their heart
so everything got set up for the surgery and when they went to have it done, the doctors decided to do 1 more x-ray before they started the surgery. When they looked at the x-ray, they did not see the hole! Tell me now that there is no God! Oh-I just remembered-that was our preacher's brother!! God can work miracles!!

weezasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezasmom Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:49pm
post #18 of 34

My prayers are definately with him and his family. Makes you put all your trivial problems in prospective real quick now doesn't it. God Bless him.

CharMarBoBar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharMarBoBar Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:53pm
post #19 of 34

My prayers also go out to this brave little boy and his family. I work at the Montreal Children's Hospital and come across many children who face times like these and it never ceases to amaze me how strong they can be in difficult times. We ask the Lord to please look kindly on this family and work Your miracles and send Your love.

eduit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eduit Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:54pm
post #20 of 34

My prayers are added. My grand child was diagnosed with muliple brain tumors, that are untreatable and I will never forget the day my daughter called and told me. My heart goes to this family and child and everyone I know will be praying. As a nurse I have found that medicine and God work very closely and the outcome can be very surprising when we least expect it.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:02pm
post #21 of 34

My blessing, prayers, strength and courage will be my goal every day I awake.. I know that God is thinking the same thing when it comes to this precious little boy...

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:06pm
post #22 of 34

I will keep him and his family in our prayers. Miracles do happen!

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:47pm
post #23 of 34

Thanks yall!! yall are the greatest..I am going to be passing this site w/the link along to my friend....He is a great kid. Yall make me very proud to be a member of this site.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:17am
post #24 of 34

My prayers are with the whole family.
I wish noone would have to go through such anguish.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:53am
post #25 of 34

He and his family will be in my prayers. Just remember that God carries you in the palm of his hand when you feel you can't go on. He will be there for all of them . . . and miracles do happen and can happen with your little man.

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:11am
post #26 of 34

Our prayers are with him and his family.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:19am
post #27 of 34

I will keep yall updated on my friends little boy..Here is another message she sent ...

-------------------------------------------
BACK IN ALABAMA---

KNOW ITS A LIL EARLY... JUST ARRIVED BACK IN ALABAMA..."GEORGE" IS DOING SO GOOD... WE START HIS ORAL CHEMO SATURDAY.... I AM STILL A BIT NERVOUS AND SCARED... BUT WITH GODS HELP I KNOW WE CAN BEAT THIS...AGAIN.... I KINDA WAS AFRAID TO LEAVE THIS EVENING DUE TO WE HAD NO ONOCOLOGIST (SP?) HERE AT HOME, "GEORGE" WAS ON A WAITING LIST, BUT BEFORE WE LEFT THE DR FOUND US ONE... "GEORGE" HAS DONE NOTHING BUT EAT AND EAT ALL THE WAY HOME.... KINDA FUNNY HUH!!! ANYWAYS WE ARE HOME I WILL UPDATE MORE TOMORROW ... PRAY FOR SWEET LIL EVAN AS THEY ARE AWAITING THE SCAN RESULTS... AND PRAY FOR "GEORGE" & OUR FAMILY AS OUR JOURNEY AT HOME BEGINS... LOVE TO YOU ALL
---------------------------------------------------

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 6:23am
post #28 of 34

OK Yall,

I have spoken to the mom about posting the little boys website here..She said that would be fine. His name is Stash and here is his website....

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stashphillips...

He does have a guestbook and you are welcome to comment to him.

Thanks yall, yall are the greatest!

Joy2501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joy2501 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:15pm
post #29 of 34

I tried to follow that link, but it didn't work.?

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:41pm
post #30 of 34

Try this one:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stashphillips

My prayers are with him and his family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%