Katie And Tom's Wedding Cake

Lounge By JaneK Updated 26 Nov 2006 , 11:57pm by littlecake

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 2:08am
post #61 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinOBrien

I think I expected a lot more! Not really all that impressed. With all the build up for the wedding you would think it would be something to take your breath away!

Same for me. I expected it to be much for extravegant than it is. I too think that cake is leaning esp. towards the top, doesn't look like the camera angle to me.

p.s. how dare my boyfriend go and get hitched on me. LOL I know he acts crazy and all, but he is still hot. Definate eye candy. LOL

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 2:22am
post #62 of 76

OMG gosh he has gone over the deep end! He picked ou her wedding dress??? PULEEESE!!! And the prenup is a little cheap!!

I was reading an article that she does not even talk to her Dawsons Creek Co starts since they sarted dating!! Joshua Jackson was in Italy and was not invited.

She gave up Chris Klein for him!! So much better looking and a lot younger!!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 3:08am
post #63 of 76

He picked out her dress? That would be nuts. I think I had read it was his idea to have Giorgio do the attire for everyone--I think that was for the entire family. Sounds a bit controlling from what I have heard. Everyone in life deserves to be happy but I have a feeling the age difference and his new wackiness will play a factor but who knows.

Anyway, the cake--it's very pretty. She appears no nonsense to me and I think it's fitting.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 3:23am
post #64 of 76

Yup he was there to help design the entire thing. It was all over about how it could have been so much sexier and WOW!
And he asked that they all be for free-

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 3:43am
post #65 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Yup he was there to help design the entire thing.
And he asked that they all be for free-

Are you kidding me?!! icon_confused.gifthumbsdown.gif Millions and millions and gotta have a freebie. Prayers for little Suri.... icon_rolleyes.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 3:46am
post #66 of 76

wow...it is a bigger version of the Wilton Wedding cake book cover!!!!

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 4:25am
post #67 of 76

JaneK,
You are right!

The Wilton one (Wilton Wedding Cakes - A Romantic Portfolio) looks more delicate as it is on a pedestal.

But the design is exactly the same, except that this one is larger and has a lot of luster dust used.

Karen

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 7:52am
post #68 of 76

I'm sorry but when a woman gets married it is her right to pick out her own dress. He's way too controlling. I feel sorry for Katie and Suri. I bet he even tells them when they can eat and go to the bathroom. It's very sad. I used to like Tom Cruise until he lost his marbles and went looney. Why she married him I'll never know.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 2:48pm
post #69 of 76

IMHO I honestly think that some of the outstanding wedding cakes on CC have been much more beautiful...
Not to say that T and K's cake isn't pretty because it is, just that I believe there are far more lovely cakes on this site..thumbs up to the talent on CC (not mine..lol) thumbs_up.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 8:31pm
post #70 of 76

Well...I'm impressed. The cake is beautiful.

Side note: I used to be a big Tom Cruise fan before he got all crazy. icon_smile.gif

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 9:09pm
post #71 of 76

I like the cake....I prefer simple. I also used to to be a Tom fan...he's a little on the controlling loony side noe though!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 4:56pm
post #72 of 76

Judging from the tiny pic I' say it's a very pretty cake. Very simply stated I think and elegant. I like this much more than something hugely tall and covered with fancy work so I'm pleasantly surprised by the cake.

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:07am
post #73 of 76

The cake was pretty, but I've seen prettier ones right here on CC. (I wonder if the Loon's, I mean Groom's, cake was in the shape of a couch!)

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 5:03am
post #74 of 76

Maybe the cake looks like it's leaning because they used a special angle to make Tom look taller!!??

Quote:
Quote:

I used to like Tom Cruise until he lost his marbles and went looney. Why she married him I'll never know.

I, too, used to love Tom Cruise.

ErinOBrien Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ErinOBrien Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 2:36pm
post #75 of 76

I personally think that it is pretty funny that in their wedding photo they released they look the same hieght. She is at least 2 inches taller than him! Did they put lifts in his shoes?

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 11:57pm
post #76 of 76

you know what's weird?

on entertainment tonight they showed them cutting a totally different cake.

you think they had more than one?

the one on ET was stunning...it had fondant swags and they layers looked 5 or 6 inches high.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%