Viewing Photos

Decorating By StephW Updated 19 Nov 2006 , 4:57am by Ishi

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 12:54am
post #1 of 34

Is anyone else having trouble with the photos today? I have been able to view a couple... but most times I am getting the "this page cannot be displayed" message.

Is it just me?

33 replies
mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:02am
post #2 of 34

You're not alone! I can't view them either.... icon_confused.gif

What is UP with CC the last couple of days? I guess they are having some "growing pains"!!

I will be so happy when things get back to normal..... icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif

crafty01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty01 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:03am
post #3 of 34

Viewing photos hell until now I couldnt even get on.
Guess they are having problems still the other day someone posted that they had to get a new part or something. Probably due to amount of ccers on nowadays.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:03am
post #4 of 34

Me THREE! This page cannot be displayed! I thought it was MY computer! Glad I don't have to go out and buy a new one!

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:04am
post #5 of 34

You are definitely not alone!!
I even called my DSL provider 2 days ago (like a dumb--s!) icon_redface.gif . I was getting pretty frustrated icon_cry.gif
I'm also not getting my emails from CC'rs (3 private messages; 2 comments on new photos; etc.) How about ya'll?

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:06am
post #6 of 34

that's funny you started this post! I just started one about 5 mins ago on the same topic! We're all having issues icon_sad.gif

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:06am
post #7 of 34

me too!

Connie1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Connie1960 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:11am
post #8 of 34

Me, too. Was getting very frustrated. Thought it was my server.

MayWest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:17am
post #9 of 34

Me too!!

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:18am
post #10 of 34

I read in another thread on Friday that they (a website administrator) said they were having trouble with a server and expected it to last until the end of the weekend, I believe.

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:20am
post #11 of 34

END OF THE WEEKEND??????????????? icon_surprised.gif Holy crap, I don't think I can last that long!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 1:34am
post #12 of 34

I feel sorry for the people posting their cakes/photos and needing attaboys! icon_smile.gif

StephW Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:14am
post #13 of 34

So glad it wasn't just me!! I've seen some beautiful looking cakes and I just can't view them...but computer problems happen. I pay the bills as a computer programmer so I understand that.

mjs4492.... I agree.

Hopefully anyone who is posting pics today understands that there are issues viewing and we would give you kudos if we could. For any of you looking at this now.... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif GREAT JOB!!!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:21am
post #14 of 34

Had a few problems myself today. I uploaded a picture and it didn't give me the message that it had been uploaded so I tried again and it said "...no duplicates..." The picture in deed had been loaded! I haven't even recieved comments on the cake I just made and posted today. That's very unusual!! I've had problems trying to click on pictures and not all of them will load and let me leave a comment.

Just some kinks that need to be worked out! We all hit this site pretty hard that we may have overloaded the operating system!!! icon_lol.gif

Amy

jstritt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstritt Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:29am
post #15 of 34

I posted a pic of a cake I finished today and was eager to get feedback on how I did. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Ishi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishi Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:31am
post #16 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs4492

I feel sorry for the people posting their cakes/photos and needing attaboys! icon_smile.gif

I'm one of those people! I just posted a really pretty cake and no comments. icon_sad.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:32am
post #17 of 34

Cakemommy, I just left a comment on your beautiful cake...I didn't think it would take my comment because "the horrid not found screen" came up but actually, it did.

Same probs as everyone else...can see the small pics but troubles looking at the larger ones and/or leaving messages..

StephW Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:35am
post #18 of 34

Amy, I was able to view your cake thru your photo link. But I know it was one of the cakes I tried to look at before and I couldn't.

It is beautiful!! Thanks for posting!

Steph

crafty01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty01 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:35am
post #19 of 34

I second that left ya comment also. Very nice cake very pretty.

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:37am
post #20 of 34

I just left you all comments on your pics...awesome job, everyone!! Me too, Me too! I finished my Cat in the Hat cake today icon_biggrin.gif

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:41am
post #21 of 34

I posted a cake yesterday and received more replies on it then I did my pillow cake that I did in October.

cakemommy Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:47am
post #22 of 34

Thank you everyone! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif It looks like I solicited for comments but hey, I like to read what everyone thinks of all my hard work and frustration!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

I as well went in and posted comments! Very nice! Boy oh boy do we have talent here. I love that we all have such unique styles of decorating!

I did notice though that once you click "ok" for your comment it doesn't come back as having been posted. The screen just stays the same as when you typed it! Anyone else have that too?

Amy

StephW Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:47am
post #23 of 34

Well at least I can see the photos thru your links. Wonderful cakes!

When I leave comments - it still doesn't look like they post. But then they do.

rayven Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:49am
post #24 of 34

Cakemommy...I wasn't really fishing for comments, but thank you for looking!!!

cakemommy Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:50am
post #25 of 34

Okay, still having issues! I just went into my personal email and clicked the link to my picture and nothing comes up with that link!!

Anyone else have this?

Amy

cakemommy Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:54am
post #26 of 34

Oh hey, no problem!!! I wanted to see the pillow cake! I'm not brave enough to try that yet!!! Yours is fabulous!!!!

Amy

rayven Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 2:56am
post #27 of 34

Cakemommy...I wish I would have seen the tutorial first before I tried it though!! Your cakes are wonderful!!

jstritt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstritt Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 3:07am
post #28 of 34

Great cakes everyone! I am so glad I was actually able to view some. And thank you for looking at mine as well. Hope things are back to normal soon!!!

Jenn

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 3:46am
post #29 of 34

jstritt...funny you should mention about wanting feedback on your cake bc I saw it on the home page and tried THREE TIMES to get it to come up. I can't wait to see it...it's the treasure chest, right?

-Michelle

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 3:54am
post #30 of 34

Wow, so everyone has been having problems!! I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just me. I haven't been able to get on CC in 2 days to do anything icon_sad.gif Still can't go to the pics. Going to try again before going to bed. Hope I can get in! icon_smile.gif I hope it gets fixed soon. CC is really the only place I go when I come online. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%