The Bday Girl Didn't Show Up, So Bummed....

Decorating By indigojods Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 12:13am by indigojods

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 13

I brought a birthday cake to work today for one of my co-workers (as I have been doing for everyone in my department for the last year and a half) and the birthday girl did not come in today because her son is not feeling well. I am so bummed. I was so looking forward to giving her the cake and I am a bit concerned that it won't be as good tomorrow (assuming she is in). I baked and started decorating Saturday morning and spent all my free time this weekend working on it to get it done for today. It is a WASC cake with alternating layers of strawberry and cream cheese filling. I have it in the walk in fridge in our cafeteria so hopefully it will hold up okay. Part of me is just worried something will happen to it before we get to eat it. Cross your fingers for me icon_smile.gif

Here is a picture of the cake. Also my first time making WASC so I am sooo anxious to try it after all the raves I have heard:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1045193

12 replies
susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 13

Very cute. Love it. I'd take it to her house. icon_smile.gif
Susie

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 13

It's adorable! wasc is sooooo good!

jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 13

That is just so sweet.

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 13

That is so sweet of you. I think it will be ok in the fridge or u can just take it to her.

indigojods Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks everyone! My co-worker was able to come into work on Tuesday so we gave her the cake then. It tasted perfectly fine and did not collapse on itself or anything. She loved it and took a picture and set that to her desktop wallpaper on her computer which made me feel really good.

I did get a bit of a scare when I went to pick it up and the lady in the cafeteria says "my boss wanted me to tell you that we can't be responsible for anything that happens to your cakes". She must have seen fear in my eyes and then she said that nothing happened, he just wanted to let me know he can't be responsible for them.

WASC cake is sooo good by the way!!! I can't wait to experiment with that recipe.

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 13

Cute cake! Don't mean to sound stupid.... but what is WASC?

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 13

Thank God for happy endings! When I first started reading this post my thoughts were EGADS!

How sweet of you to bake such an adorable cake for a coworker! I love your ladybug and the WASC is my personal favorite!!!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:41pm
post #9 of 13

WASC means white cake mix with almond flavoring and sour cream added for flavoring.
The recipe on this site. Super yummy cake!!

mommachris

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 13

Your ladybug is so cute. I'm glad your co-worker came in to see the cake in all it's glory.

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:44pm
post #11 of 13

Very cute cake...I'm glad it all worked out for you. I hope it doesn't happen to me because I am making a cake for my coworkers birthday on Sunday.

WASC is White Almond Sour Cream
It in the recipe section and is delicious

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:54pm
post #12 of 13

That's an incredibly cute cake!

indigojods Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:13am
post #13 of 13

Thanks for the compliments!

I just realized that I make mostly fun childish cakes for all of my ADULT co-workers. I guess we just need more fun around the office icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%