A Banner Weekend...just Wanna Share...

Decorating By jadak Updated 17 Sep 2007 , 5:34pm by pastryjen

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 5

Only other cake people can understand how I feel, so I had to come here and post. I had such a cool weekend. I was scheduled to make a castle for a little girl. It was my first attempt at one, but I think it turned out OK and the little girl was thrilled with it. My sister was at the party and said everyone just loved it. And, not only did it look good, it tasted great. I feel good about that.

Also, on Thursday, my friend calls and asks me to do a cake for her son's 16th b-day on Sat. She said he loves Halo 3. "What's Halo 3?" I ask. (Uh-Oh...I am sooo out of the loop I guess. icon_redface.gif ) Anyway, she tells me it's a video game that her son loves and brings me a pic. of the logo. I figure I can replicate it. I made it out of MMF and then used extra MMF to make a neat border around the bottom. I LOVED the way it looked. But, you never know what a 16 year old boy will think. So, here's the cool part. About an hour after his Mom picks up the cake she calls me. "Hold on," is all she says. her son gets on the phone and thanks me profusely for his cake. He says it's the coolest thing he's ever seen! I was floored and excited. When you can wow a 16 year old, I think you've pulled it off! icon_razz.gif My friend said she wished she'd had a camera when he first saw the cake because his expression was priceless. It made me so happy and proud.

If you've listened to me babble this long, THANKS! icon_smile.gif I would have attached the pics. of the cakes to this post, but I can't seem to figure out how to shrink them and do that. Anyway, both cakes are in my photos if you want to take a look.

4 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 5

Congrats!!! That sounds like a great weekend!!!

meredetrois Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredetrois Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 5

That is great, congrats! I agree, it is hard to impress a 16 year old.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 5

Congratulations!! I think the best part of cake decorating is putting a smile on a person's face. It's always great to get positive feedback!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 5

Amazing, congratulations!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%