Mmf Help

Decorating By confettidiosa Updated 17 Nov 2006 , 4:18am by shelie

confettidiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confettidiosa Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:10am
post #1 of 8

I am a newbie and tried MMF for the first time and I made it and made my little firetruck ( I am making actually trying to make a cake similar to kitticakes "Slacker" cake. Anyway... my pieces won't get hard, what do I do??

Thanks!! icon_cry.gif

7 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:27am
post #2 of 8

It takes days to dry up. How long has it been?

You can add gumpaste to fondant to dry faster too.

The other thing is that maybe you don't have enough sugar in your fondant. I have made it where I made it soft for covering cakes and then made it stiffer for figures.

confettidiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confettidiosa Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:52am
post #3 of 8

Thanks for your help, I made them this morning, and the cake is for a b-day party tommorow night, so maybe they will be dry enough, is there any other tricks to speed it up?

patticakesnc Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 2:57am
post #4 of 8

Just adding gumpaste to the mix. I don't know of any other way to speed up drying. My figures that I made took a few days to dry.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 3:01am
post #5 of 8

Dry heat will make them dry faster, like maybe put them in the oven with just the light on, no heat turned on. Or if you have wood stove, put them somewhere near it. Just remember in the future, it takes a while for mmf things to dry out. icon_wink.gif
I do mine a week in advance.

patticakesnc Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 3:14am
post #6 of 8

Wendoger thanks for that. I have had to wait days on mine as well. That is nice to know for last minute items.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 4:12am
post #7 of 8

No problem!
icon_wink.gif

shelie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelie Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 4:18am
post #8 of 8

You can always set the pieces in front of a fan too or under a ceiling fan. I have done that in a pinch icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%