Feed Back From Clients

Decorating By zubia Updated 16 Sep 2007 , 8:15pm by zubia

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 3:43am
post #1 of 15

Hi every one.I was just wondering if your coustomers give feed back ?good or bad.I have done cakes for mostly people I know so I get to know what they thought about my cakes .But now that Iam making cakes for other people I keep wondering if the coustomer liked it or not .

14 replies
Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 3:54am
post #2 of 15

Hi Zubia. Yes it is nice to know what they thought of the cake. I have done many wedding cakes and you wouldn't believe the number of Bride and Grooms do not give feedback, good or bad.
It is so nice to get a card thanking you and saying how much they loved it. Either way I would like to be told and if you don't know if something is wrong there is no way you can improve. My daughter pointed out that it is a service they are paying for and sees no reason for them to get back to you. If you take a car to be serviced you don't ring them once you have picked it up and thank them. But it is nice to get feedback.

zubia Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 3:59am
post #3 of 15

Yes that's what my DH said ,you got paid stop thinking about it ,But I keep thinking that I loved the cake but about the person who paid thought.any way its nice to know Iam not alone.
Thanks

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:18am
post #4 of 15

I completely relate.

Luckily my DH gives me their reactions... he's the deliver driver (most orders are from the hospital he works at) then a few days later... he plays spy and lets me know what they think... hinting around.

He is such a sweetheart... bless him he puts up with so much from me haha.

maybe hire a few spies?? haha

Oh when I set up my first website I was able to get feedback from customers... but Im still figuring out how to get it on this next site... argh.

Kim

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 5:03am
post #5 of 15

I send out an email survey to all my brides after the fact. Over half reply and its really nice to hear, plus I get testimonials for my site. It also opens the door for if they did have some sort of complaint, because truly you do want to know about it.

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 11:38am
post #6 of 15

Thats a great idea KoryAK. I think I will try that myself.

Sunspotalli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunspotalli Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 11:53am
post #7 of 15

same here most of the people that i bake for i know from work and they tell me what they like and don't like that's is soooo nice b/c it lets me know what i need to improve on. I know I shouldn't but when i don't hear anything it makes me think they didn't like it, but then if they call again for another cake they must not have hated it.

dan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dan4 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 11:56am
post #8 of 15

Wonderful idea, KoryAK. Would you mind posting your survey? i love it when I get feedback, but it's so rare!

KoryAK Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 15

Please contact me to arrange the return of your equipment deposit.

Customer satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you for taking the time to fill out this brief survey to help us make sure we are continuing to provide excellent service.

Please rate each item on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being lowest.

The ordering process:

Was I prompt and informative at our face-to-face meeting(s)?

Were the samples adequate for you to get an idea of the product that I provide?

Were the subsequent phone and email conversations helpful?

Did you feel there was open communication? That I was receptive to your ideas?

Did I provide the correct amount of ideas and guidance without being overbearing?

The Product:

Do you feel that I accurately interpreted your needs and wishes and provided the product that you ordered?

Please rate the look of your cake

Please rate the taste of your cake

Would you recommend me to a friend?

Comments:

dan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dan4 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:23pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks SO much!

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 10:15pm
post #11 of 15

That is so professional. I am going to try it.
Do the couple add their name? I know if it is email you would know who sent it. I think I would probably give the survey to them when they paid and then that way they would not have to put a name and perhaps you would get more returned surveys. Thanks KoryAK

KoryAK Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 12:16am
post #12 of 15

No prob, but good luck getting them to mail anything. That is a lot more effort (not to mention a stamp). I used to do it more like that and hardly got any back.

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 4:36pm
post #13 of 15

Since I do so much of my orders online, I simply send a sweet little note asking how everything went via email, and that way I always get a reply and know if anything went wrong. It helps me tons knowing what they thought of flavor, design, etc. I have lots of customers that just email the next day letting me tknow their experience. HTH!

Jessica1817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessica1817 Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 6:49pm
post #14 of 15

I also often send a "follow-up" e-mail to make sure everything was to their satisfaction as well as to thank them for the order. I have also sent cards in the mail, depending on the customer. E-mails are nice because they are much more likely to send a reply!

zubia Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 8:15pm
post #15 of 15

Thank you every one for all the great tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%